200 High Street
The Human Resources Manager reports directly to the VP of Human Resources and provides skilled generalist support for all areas of human resources. This position directly manages BGCB benefits program, and HR/Payroll process with a strong support and focus on compliance, record-keeping and other employment related requirements. This position also acts as the head of HR and supervises the HR staff in the absence of the VP of HR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and respond to all unemployment claims. Review DUA claims, invoices, etc for accuracy.
- Manage, coordinate and track all workers’ comp accidents/injuries (forms, reports, invoices). Monitor claims and maintain all DIA data requirements.
- Liaison with all benefits, workers comp, unemployment and other HR related vendors.
- Complete all reporting relative to state and federal law.
· Assist in training and support of HR team members. Supervise HR staff when VP is absent/unavailable.
- Directly supervise, including delegation of work, HR temporary staff and/or interns.
- Work closely with VP to manage the preparation of the annual summer camp process and preparation for City audit.
- Work closely with other departments (Finance, Communications, and Information Technology) on workforce updates and reporting needs (new hires, changes, terminations).
· Assist VP with oversight, communication and management of the Human Resources functions and efficient workflow.
· Provide responsive, effective front-line office operations and service. Provide backup support to other members of HR team.
· Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and time-off data.
· Represent BGCB and HR at both internal and external meetings as necessary.
· Participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
· Keep updated on employment law and communicate updates to HR staff as needed.
· Participate as a member of Safety Committee to assist to develop and execute a safety strategy and companywide safety initiatives.
- Ensure the maintenance of all personnel records is in legal compliance at all times. Ensure confidentiality and security of all employee files and records. i.e., verifications, I-9 status and state regulations.
- Manage all benefit administration for staff including: health, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 403(b), COBRA, Workers’ Compensation, Flex Spending Accounts, etc.
- Process status changes and benefit plan enrollments/changes if needed and ensures all changes are within BGCB policy and IRS guidelines; manage enrollments on all third-party sites. (Enrollments, status changes, cancellations).
· Manage and administer all employee request and approvals for leave of absence; including Medical FMLA, Parental, STD, and LTD leaves in accordance with both Federal and State laws and BGCB policy.
· Facilitate new hire benefits meetings to ensure employee understand all benefit programs, as well as BGCB policies and procedures.
· Reconcile monthly invoices for all benefit-related programs in accordance with payroll reports; advise finance on any discrepancies.
· Work with VP of HR and insurance broker to ensure that BGCB is offering a clear review of the benefit package and explanation with any product changes.
· Manage and administer annual Open Enrollment for all insurance benefits. Coordinate agency wide open enrollment meetings.
· Develop and ensure that employee benefit programs are administered fairly and consistently and are in alignment with and support the overall Agency’s business objectives and values.
- Coordinate receipt and approval for all HR/Payroll related forms and paperwork. Administrate HR components as needed.
- Complete and respond to employee and salary/wage verification and other confidential requests.
- Assist Payroll with the administration of BGCB’s time off accrual system through the Fidelity Time database. Assist with investigating and reconciling time off accrual and/or balance inquiries and adjustments.
- Work closely with payroll relative to implementation of systems, projects and processes.
- Manage and process all BGCB’s background checks (CORI, SORI, and National); maintain and coordinate data and confidential files as required by State regulations.
- Manage and administer the HR recruiting and onboarding software.
- Manage onboarding process for all new employees of BGCB with Silkroad Onboarding system; including the E-verify system and process.
General BGCB Expectations:
· Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
· Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
· Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
· Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- 4 to 6 years of Human Resources experience.
- Knowledge of standard HR concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), data management, and web competency required. HRIS experience highly preferred.
- Strong independent judgment skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative.
- Must have strong customer service skills and be teamwork oriented.
- Ability to apply common sense to everyday tasks, review of own work for accuracy and completeness, and attention to detail.
- Ability to practice discretion and maintain confidentiality.
Health & Wellness
For 30+ hour/week eligible employees
- Medical Coverage though Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- BGCB pays for up to 80% of the monthly premiums
- Dental Coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- BGCB pays for approximately 80% of the monthly premiums
- Vision Coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield 20/20 Blue Program
- Short Term Disabiliy
- BGCB pays 100% of the benefit cost
- Long Term Disability
- BGCB pays 100% of the benefit cost
- Basic Life Insurance
- BGCB pays 100% of the benefit cost, benefit provides up to 2 times base salary; up to a maximum benefit of $250,000
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 100% paid by BGCB
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Confidential EAP program available to both full and part-time staff. Support, guidance, and resources available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No cost to BGCB employees.
- Paid time-off for preventative medical screening
- 4 hours for full-time employees; 2 hours for part-time employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (20+ hour/week Employees Eligible) administered by Benefit Strategies
- Pre-tax deductions for personal savings accounts for qualified expenses; medical and dependent care, and commuter expense deductions available
- Retirement & Savings
- 403(b) retirement savings plan through Fidelity Investments with agency contributions. All employees are eligible for pretax payroll deductions.
- Credit Union membership
Paid Time Off
For 20+ hour/week eligible employees
- up to 15 days per year for full-time and part-time employees, prorated for the first year; vacation accrual increases with length of service
- Sick Leave
- up to 61 hours per year
- Personal Leave
- up to 1 paid personal day per year
- Paid holiday leave
- Up to 11 observed holidays per year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- BGCB parental leave includes 2 weeks paid leave
- Family Medical Leave of Absence (FMLA)
- Job protection for serious illness of employee or family member; birth, adoption or foster care placement
- Bereavement Leave
Agency-Wide Staff Days
- September Staff Day
- Agency wide event in advance of the start of the program year
- Professional Development Day
- Concurrent workshop sessions with focus on professional skill and youth development skill training topics
- June Social
- All-staff event at the end of each program year
- Professional Development Fund
- Fund available to both full and part-time employees to assist with the cost of training, conferences, and professional development opportunities related to role at BGCB
- Staff trainings by locations and Agency wide Professional Development Day
- BGCA.net membership
- MBTA pass program pre-tax benefit
- Bi-weekly pay Direct Deposit
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Travel Assistance Services
- Free and low cost tickets to arts, movies and sporting events
- Possible eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online: https://www.bgcb.org/careers/