Will consider candidates for location in Oakland, CA or Washington, DC offices
100% FTE salary commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: Friday December 7, 2018
About the US Water Alliance:
Founded in 2008, the US Water Alliance advances policies and programs that build a sustainable water future for all. We are driving a One Water movement—an approach to water stewardship that is innovative, inclusive, and integrated. As a national nonprofit organization, we:
- Educate the nation about the true value of water and the need for investment. The US Water Alliance coordinates the Value of Water Campaign which builds public and political will for investment in sustainable water infrastructure and water resources.
- Accelerate policies and that manage water resources to advance a better quality of life for all. We convene diverse interests to identify and advance practical, achievable solutions to our nation’s most pressing water challenges. We do this through national dialogues, knowledge building and peer exchange, the development of forward-looking and inclusive water policies and programs, public education, and coalition building.
- Celebrate what works by showcasing examples of sustainable, innovative, and integrated water resource management solutions. We shine a light on those who engage in groundbreaking work through storytelling, cataloging and disseminating best practices, and spearheading special recognition programs such as the US Water Prize that focus attention on how one water leaders are building stronger communities and a stronger America.
The US Water Alliance has offices in Oakland, CA and Washington, DC. For more information, please visit our website at: www.uswateralliance.org
The Program Manager collaborates closely with US Water Alliance members, partners, and staff. They will have primary responsibility for the following core areas of work for the organization:
- Value of Water Campaign. The Program Manager will manage this unique coalition of organizations building public and political will for investment in water infrastructure and water resources. Responsibilities include developing external and internal Campaign materials; managing all aspects of projects such as Infrastructure Week and Imagine a Day Without Water national advocacy day; running day-to-day operations of the Campaign; setting agendas for and facilitating Campaign meetings; recruiting new Campaign partners; and supporting existing Campaign partners in engaging on signature activities. Please visit the Campaign website, www.thevalueofwater.org, to learn more.
- One Water Hub. The Program Manager will support the Alliance’s One Water Hub programming including support to the One Water Council, peer-to-peer dialogue, development of case studies and member profiles, execution of regional meetings and institutes, and other activities that support membership engagement, recruitment, and retention.
We are seeking a candidate with experience in coalition building, communications, and policy development. Our ideal candidate would have a background in infrastructure, water, environmental policy, or related fields of interest. The Program Manager will be team-oriented, able to work under tight deadlines, flexible, and dedicated to the mission of the US Water Alliance. This position requires occasional travel to represent the US Water Alliance at various meetings and events.
- BA degree required
- Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in related field
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills with demonstrated experience in writing about complex topics for a variety of non-technical audiences
- Experience in supporting and implementing innovative programs or policy initiatives
- Demonstrated capacity for critical, independent, and creative thinking
- Strong organizational skill, ability to track and manage multiple initiatives at a time
- Well-organized, able to work well under pressure and meet shifting deadlines
- A team player, appreciation of the value of all kinds of diversity, and strong interpersonal skills
Salary is based upon the candidate’s experience and qualifications in line with the organization’s budget. Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan.
The US Water Alliance is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and a welcoming workplace.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter via email. Please include “Program Manager, VOW” in the subject line of your email.