426 17th street, Suite 100
JOB SUMMARY: The Intake Specialists is the initial contact point for in-care and emancipated foster youth who are looking to access the My First Place supported housing program. The Intake Specialist is responsible for completing intake documents, researching and providing resident referrals to support services and oversees the assessment, referral and admission process for youth entering program. The Intake Specialist conducts outreach and marketing efforts through presentations and one to one meetings with youth and youth referral resources. This Intake Specialist must be able to communicate the My First Place program accurately and the steps to enter youth into housing to both youth and referral sources. The Specialist will be responsible for collecting and administering key assessment tools and intake documents from youth and county social workers, the Specialist will lead internal Slating meetings with county team members to review assessment findings and make recommendations regarding entrance into program and necessary service supports for youth.
RESPONSIBILITIES Case Management & Coordination (70%)
- Participate in the youth intake process; conduct initial youth assessments; support initial youth entrance treatment/service plans.
- Participation at weekly clinical staff meetings. Ability to present youth for entrance into program with accurate information needed to make program entrance decisions.
- Provide youth with referrals to support services and familiarity with community service providers.Oversee the intake process to ensure that the necessary paperwork to facilitate youth moving into MFP is collected in a timely and seamless manner according to First Place internal processes, county billing requirements, and licensing regulations.
- Confirm eligibility of potential participants.
- Coordinate with Housing Specialist to ensure unit certification process.
- Lead county Slating meetings to discuss assessment findings, discuss appropriateness for housing,and support services needed for youth.
- Collaborate and maintain consistent communication with County Social Workers and Probation Officers to complete all documentation accurately and thoroughly to ensure youth are timely moved into program.
- Lead Program Day activities – ensure youth and their social workers/PO’s attend the meeting and are clear about the process and requirements for moving into housing.
- Effectively communicate with broad referral base including County Social Workers, Probation Officers, and staff and community partners; develop and maintain community relationships. Ability to effectively communicate the My First Place program to external stakeholders.
- Manage community resource binder, including updating current information and researching new resources in the community.
- Attend weekly program meetings, monthly agency staff meetings, and individual weekly supervision with County Manager.
- Enter all data on time and correctly to support program evaluation and outcomes tracking
- Ensure proper and timely documentation of services including written case notes
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization and within respective department
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree in a discipline to be eligible to register with the BBS as an ASW, MFTi, or LPCi and working toward professional licensure.
- Professional License preferred
- At least 2 years experience working with transition age youth with complex presentations including chronic trauma preferred. Experience does not substitute for professional degree and certification.
- Must be comfortable working in community settings.
- High level of personal accountability for the quality and impact of work
- Excellent communication skills, professional demeanor, sound judgment, and strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively, but with the capacity to work independently
- Must be able to pass a Community Care Licensing background check
Physical Demands: Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have a valid driver’s license and have the ability and skill to drive a vehicle.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Ability to work with high level of detail, work has high level of professional polish down to smallest details, documents and products are well thought out and clear, database is organized and up to date.
- DRIVEN BY ACCOMPLISHMENT – Clarity on project goals and the personal drive to wake up every morning ready to accomplish goals, finished projects are thorough and delivered on time. High level of personal accountability for the quality and impact of work
- COMPUTER SKILLS – Proficiency with Office 2000 applications including MS Word, Excel, Access,and PowerPoint, Project and Outlook. Experience with database systems. Strong capacity with Raisers Edge preferred.
- STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to research, assimilate, and analyze information, compose engaging messages, and present data in a clear and inspiring manner.
- HIGH LEVEL OF PROFESSIONALISM – a high level of professionalism in work and interpersonal interactions with both internal and external contacts, presents to others as organized, informed, and friendly.
- DECISIVE NATURE - Well-honed ability to independently anticipate and analyze situations, define problems and objectives, recognize viable alternatives, and formulate rapid solutions, with understanding of the inherent risks and the implications of making tough decisions.
- AVAILABILITY for occasional evening and weekend work and some travel as needed.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan.
- Benefits coverage for employee and dependents
- 401 (k) Retirement plan
- LTD and Flex Spending Account
Minimum Education Required