Details: This is a year-round, full time position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
1055 Wilshire Blvd.
The Partnership is seeking a dynamic individual as the Executive Associate to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Joan Sullivan. Ms. Sullivan previously served as LA’s Deputy Mayor of Education, where she worked closely with the superintendent and school board to support the nation’s second largest school district. She arrived in Los Angeles after spending more than a decade in the South Bronx as the founding principal of a high-poverty, high-performing public secondary school and as a high school social studies teacher. Before entering the classroom, Sullivan worked on Bill Bradley’s 2000 presidential campaign, documenting her experiences in a memoir entitled An American Voter, published in 2002. She began her career working for the Civilian Complaint Review Board, a New York City agency charged with investigating police misconduct.
The Executive Associate is responsible for providing the highest level of support to the CEO, ensuring that the key needs of the Partnership and its schools are fulfilled. In addition to administrative duties, this individual plays a critical role in assisting with internal and external communications, preparation for key meetings and events, and supporting the Partnership’s governing and advisory boards.
The Executive Associate to the CEO’s responsibilities include:
Administration & Scheduling
· Manage calendar for the CEO
· Plan and schedule meetings, phone conferences, and travel
· Maximize the CEO’s time by updating contacts, tracking mileage, and reporting expenses
Communications & Fundraising
· Serve as a primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, including school sites, LA Unified, civic and community leaders, foundations, and philanthropists
· Draft communications on behalf of the CEO, including letters and correspondence
· Assist the CEO in preparing for key meetings and events, including school site presentations, funder meetings/school visits, public affairs meetings, and meetings with partner organizations
Governing and Advisory Boards
· Assist the CEO in crafting Board of Directors strategy
· Plan and schedule Board and committee meetings
· Manage Board communications and meeting materials
· Assist the CEO and Chief People and Operating Officer (CPOO) with scheduling, planning, and coordinating an annual advisory board summit, which will include key internal and external stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
· 1-3 years of experience in an educational or professional setting
· Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Experience managing multiple projects and priorities
· Experience cultivating relationships to ensure outcomes, to meet and exceed project goals, and to include the perspectives of multiple stakeholders
· Proven ability to execute strategy and exceed goals
· Knowledge of the educational landscape in LA Unified is preferred but not required
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to work under pressure and perform tasks with limited direction
· Ease with managing competing demands and determining top priorities
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Ability to communicate effectively and without error with varied audiences, including funders, Board of Directors, LA Unified personnel, school leaders, teachers, and parents
· Strong computer and technology skills (proficiency in Microsoft suite required, knowledge of Adobe Suite preferred)
· Belief in the Partnership’s mission, approach, and core values and a commitment to improving academic achievement for Partnership students
· Humility and respect for the hard work of school leaders, teachers, parents, and students
· Reflective and a life-long learner
· Strong work ethic
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a year-round, full time position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The Partnership offers a competitive benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance and a 403(b) retirement program.
The Partnership offers a competitive benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance and a 403(b) retirement program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please prepare your resume and a cover letter tailored to this position. You will submit your documents using our online application system here:
For technical assistance, contact email@example.com.