Details: 24 hours per week
20 West 74 Street
The William Alanson White Institute of Psychiatry, Psychoanalysis and Psychology (www.wawhite.org), a well-established, internationally renowned training institute offering advanced post-graduate educational training in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy and providing low-cost clinical services to the community seeks an
intelligent, motivated and experienced Registrar.
This position requires a variety of skills and abilities along with the maturity to carry out a range of responsibilities while working independently. Applicants should be well spoken, computer literate and capable of working collaboratively with an array of programs and faculty. Special consideration will be given to those with experience in the operations and/or administration of an educational and/or non-profit organization.
The Registrar will work with students, faculty and staff to perform complex record-keeping duties in the evaluation, preparation, modification and maintenance of academic records. The Registrar is primarily responsible for maintaining academic transcripts and records in perpetuity.
This position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills. The Registrar reports to the Director of Administration and collaborates with the Business Manager and the Director of the Institute.
Among the priority Responsibilities are:
· Provide Administrative support to the Training Committee, Curriculum Committee and
other program planning committees.
· Coordinate with the directors of training programs to ensure smooth transition between the admissions and enrollment processes for incoming students.
· Manage, collect and organize applications, transcripts and other material for new students
· Complete information required by the Student & Exchange Visitor Program, (SEVIS) for foreign students.
· Create and modify the Institute room schedule. Keep abreast through the program's and event's registration.
· Answer inquiries via telephone or email about course/program offerings.
· Provide support to the course instructors including, the keeping of attendance records, posting of the required reading on the Reserve library, copying educational material, assisting with audio visual equipment and providing course evaluations.
· Provide students with continuing education certificates.
· Assist in evaluation reports required by accrediting agencies, including the New York State Education Department.
· Strong organizational skills
· A high level of attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
· College degree required unless candidate has significant experience as a registrar at an educational program.
Sick Days, Holidays and two weeks vacation in August.
Minimum Education Required