22377 Belmont Ridge Road
The National Recreation & Park Association (NRPA) is currently seeking a Development Manager in our Partnership & Business Development department.
This position's primary responsibility is to increase and diversify the existing revenue of NRPA by identifying, qualifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gifts from corporate and foundation donors to support NRPA’s mission.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead on the identification, development and cultivation of a prospect pipeline as part of the organization’s corporate and foundation fundraising strategy.
- Project manage the preparation, submission and overall process of grant proposals and reports to foundation and corporate prospects.
- Represent NRPA through direct outreach, in pitch meetings, and at cultivation events.
- Stay up to speed with donor news, interests and funding foci.
- Work cross-departmentally to develop, expand and inform programmatic initiatives on both a national and regional scale.
- Collaboratively maximize the value of each donor relationship, working cross-departmentally to market engagement opportunities, develop print and web-based materials and tell meaningful stories that highlight the power of local parks.
- Regularly inform the budget and planning process, reporting moves management, forecasting to revenue goals and tracking expense budget.
- Undertake special projects and assignments as directed.
DISCOVER the BENEFITS at NRPA!
NRPA boasts a warm professional environment, with a relaxing and peaceful view of nature at it’s finest! All staff have access to indoor & outdoor eating areas, as well as indoor & outdoor fitness opportunities. Our facility has a brand new air-conditioned fitness room with access to showers, as well as foot trails for the outdoor enthusiast. Staff members at NRPA are eligible for a very rich benefit package that includes a 403(b) matched at 6% and fully vested upon hire, group Health, Dental, and Vision for employee and family paid 80% by the employer; Life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability paid 100% by the employer; accrue 26 Paid days off per year plus 13 paid holidays, eligibility in the first month of employment, Length of Service Awards and much, much more! NRPA is committed to promoting an environment of work-life balance. To promote healthy lifestyles, at work and away, we have established programs like Teleworking, FlexTime Schedules, 37.5 hour work-week, Employee Assistance Programs, Educational Assistance Programs, Lunch-and-Learn sessions and more. Discover what we already know … NRPA ... a great place to work!
Candidate Work Style
- Excels in dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Self-directed and detail-oriented with a collaborative and professional team spirit to contribute to a collegial, team-oriented environment.
- Willing to travel
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Superior presentation, interpersonal; verbal and written communication skills.
- Five year track record in the strategic pursuit of new corporate or foundation relationships;
- Account Retention: track record demonstrating effective expansion, scaling and upselling of corporate partnerships, once secured, to sustain and increase revenue and impact from a single donor year over year.
Minimum Education Required