1400 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Campus Liaison and Selection Manager works with the Gilman International Scholarship Program potential recipients and higher education institutions throughout the U.S. The Manager will contribute to the process of application management and selection services for Gilman as well as the campus advisor communications and engagement.
- Participates and supports the team in the development/design of the Gilman application, actively testing and identifying and resolving technical issues becoming extremely familiar with navigating the systems and formats. Conducts the technical review of applications based on the specific program requirements.
- Assists in the overall invitation process by researching and identifying potential reviewers, fielding follow-up invitation questions and managing the transfer of information to the Global Events team.
- Plans and implements the communications and engagement with the campus advisor community at higher education institutions across the U.S.
- Trains selection committee members and facilitators on the screening process, produces and provides review resources and guidelines and independently facilitates review/selection meetings (online and/or in person).
- Creates and maintains database to ensure that participant data and selection results are correctly entered to allow for accurate data reporting.
- Prepares applications for delivery to Advising teams.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least two years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience implementing a selection process and strong understanding of the complexities of different application and database systems.
- Is technologically savvy with word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
- Experience with websites, including use of webinar technology a plus.
- Ability to manage a large volume of work under severe time constraints and pressures, while demonstrating creativity and suggesting innovative yet practical solutions to new challenges.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication skills, oral and written; Exhibits maturity and is confident with meeting facilitation and uses diplomacy in difficult situations.
- Demonstrates creativity and ability to suggest innovative yet practical solutions to new challenges.
- Is a team player- contributes to the team as well as handles tasks assigned by more than one supervisor.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Work Conditions & Physical Demands
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required