Community Health Worker
The Partnership’s Community Health Worker (CHW) program educates the community about access to health and social services by offering resources and case management. The CHW program supports the preconception, prenatal/postpartum, and inter-conception of high-need women who are not currently engaged in health care or other supportive community services.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for connecting clients with services, including but not limited to healthcare, insurance, social services, and other community resources. Assist clients by coordinating appointments, making referrals, follow-up and support services as needed. Provide education to individuals and groups. Provide case management as required.
• Conduct neighborhood “on the ground” outreach and networking to connect with high-need individuals.
• Use standardized assessment tools and client-centered approaches, identify client needs, goals, strengths & challenges.
• Refer and provide direct 1:1 assistance to help clients obtain and consistently utilize prenatal care, preconception interconception care, primary care, etc.
• Provide education about family planning services in the community to prevent unintended pregnancies and promote spacing of subsequent pregnancies.
• Provide individualized social support to encourage and reinforce health promoting behaviors.
• Provide regular case management services that include client-centered provision of health information, modeling and demonstrating skills, and reinforcing positive health choices and behaviors.
• Refer clients to Central Intake for coordination of evidence-based home visitation.
• Collect data and maintain confidential client files as required by funder.
• Use personal vehicle for all travel, with valid driver’s license, registration, insurance, etc.
• Handle other duties as requested.
DESIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- High school graduate required
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing outreach to women
- Familiarity with Passaic County social services
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite
Medical Insurance Plan with Employer-Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Dental Insurance Plan
Vision Insurance Plan
Flexible Spending Plan
Flexible Working Schedules
Life Insurance Plan
Long-term Disability & AD&D Plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Virginia Middlemiss, MSW, LSW, CLC
CHW Program Supervisor
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
176 Broadway, 2nd Floor
Paterson, NJ 07505
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.