Details: competitive with benefits
35 West 124th Street
Harlem Village Academies
Join an incredible community of educators who are passionate about progressive pedagogy while embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for student learning. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
The Superintendent will lead and manage the senior level team at the network. Our ideal candidate is a master teacher and experienced leader with broad knowledge of and deep experience in quality instruction and progressive classroom culture, as well as a sense of urgency around student achievement results and a passionate commitment to quality. S/he will work closely with the senior level team at the network to implement and contribute to the continual improvement of HVA’s model of progressive, accountable teaching and learning. Additionally, s/he will ensure the network team is functioning at a high level.
· Work with the team to achieve and maintain the vision of exemplary progressive pedagogy in all HVA schools
· Ensure all network teams are functioning at a high level and moving the network vision and goals forward
· Through the management of the team, ensure schools meet all academic, operational, and culture goals
· Through the management of the team, ensure the network meets all hiring, budgetary, and facilities related goals
· Organize and lead high level data analysis around all aspects of the schools and network, producing monthly comprehensive data reports
· Establish and run systems to assess and maintain high quality instruction across the schools
· Streamline and run performance management processes across the network
· Provide individual development and management to members of the senior network team
· Eight years of experience in educational leadership with a track record of student achievement results
· Extensive understanding of both the academic and operational side of running excellent schools
· Ability to communicate clearly and directly while also inspiring the team
· Ability to use data to inform practice, with a clear understanding of the metrics that lead to student achievement
· Exceptional results leading others and managing a highly effective team to achieve ambitious goals
· Demonstrated success creating and managing systems and work product
· Incredibly high excellence bar and ownership over results
· A team player with a strong work ethic and consistent follow-through
· Ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with team members, students, and families
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Master’s degree
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
First, learn about us! Review our website and consider whether Harlem Village Academies is the place for you. If your skills and experience are a match for this role, please apply through the careers section of our website.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff.
Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.