The Downtown Alliance seeks an experienced, creative, and dynamic Digital Communications + Content Manager at LMHQ (Lower Manhattan HQ). LMHQ is a 12,000 sq ft collaborative workspace with meeting and brainstorming rooms, an event venue with regular programming, and a membership community. We are a resource for professionals living and working in New York to collaborate, learn and get things done in Lower Manhattan. LMHQ was opened in 2015 by the Downtown Alliance to raise awareness of the growing digital and creative business community in Lower Manhattan, and to draw new companies to the neighborhood.
We are looking for a creative and highly organized individual who will drive the strategy, creation and execution of content and design for LMHQ’s digital marketing and communication efforts, including social media channels, email and newsletter marketing, event ticketing platforms, digital advertising campaigns, and our website. This individual will work collaboratively with a small team at LMHQ, internal staff at the Downtown Alliance, and external partners and vendors. We seek someone who can be flexible, both working as part of a team and also as an autonomous self-starter. This position is an essential part of a highly collaborative small team and collegiality and versatility is greatly valued.
The Digital Communications + Content Manager will be specifically responsible for building a strategy to effectively communicate LMHQ’s message points to its audience, both on and offline via content, social and email marketing, as well as measuring the impact of marketing and communications programs in an effort to maximize results.
- Event and Membership Marketing Management
- Email newsletter: Prepare, write, edit and send weekly newsletter + targeted customer and member email blasts
- Create graphics and other creative materials for event invitations, social posts, signage, ads, swag and marketing collateral
- Eventbrite ticketing platform management
- Social Media Management
- Coordinate, manage and grow LMHQ’s social media channels, including Facebook, Facebook Live, Twitter, and Instagram accounts; monitor growth and analytics and keep on top of latest trends
- Build on existing social media strategy to develop new creative campaigns
- Content Marketing Management
- Develop + execute content marketing strategy
- Write + edit content for website + business sites
- Photograph LMHQ events, programming, members and space on an ongoing basis for content (and web) purposes
- Website management
- Create and manage assets for LMHQ’s web presence (requires working with content management software + external dev team)
- Maintain and develop the master content calendar for web properties
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Downtown Alliance offers a supportive work environment and provides a generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required