Senior People Business Partner
People, Learning & Performance
Based in Washington, DC
Up to 25% international travel
Reports to the Sr. Manager, People Business Partners
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 40 countries Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The Senior People Business Partner will serve as a reliable and trustworthy point of contact to PSI's HQ and field departments while supporting performance management, leadership development, and managing all aspects of conflict resolution.
We need a seasoned HR professional who understands the complexities of employee relations and can balance the need to be a strategic business partner along with managing multiple projects and identifying and de-escalating complex employee relations issues. We are looking for a smart, motivated, and energetic person who excels at understanding the needs of his/her customers.
This full-time position is based in Washington, DC, reports to the Sr. Manager, People Business Partners, includes up to 25% travel.<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/xzfgts9z7j2ss5fn"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vpz2qGPhEMX5YtjmyINewg">
- Provide day to day guidance to your client for a variety of HR matters including, but, not limited to employee relations and conflict resolution, performance management, coaching, counseling, career development, business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct efficient and effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Investigate problems such as disciplinary actions and employee and applicant appeals and grievances. Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental officials and individuals.
- Facilitate communication among employees and management by providing guidance and consultation regarding problem solving, dispute resolution, and regulatory compliance. Catalyst to resolve internal opportunities through appropriate conflict management techniques. Manage complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally. Develop and deploy innovative, cost-effective HR strategies to employees in all areas.
- Serve as a coach and advisor to managers on issues such as employee relations, performance management, compensation, strategy, learning and development, change management, employee engagement and talent acquisition.
- Maintain a high level of contact and visibility with employees at all levels to foster respectful, trusting and credible relationships.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and recruiters to promote the employment brand and establish strategies to build the talent pipeline and attract qualified and diverse candidates.
- Mentors BP's on more complex situations.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Social Sciences, Business or related field required; Masters Preferred. HR Certification(s) a plus.
- At least 8years of HR experience across a wide range of disciplines including international employee relations, performance management, organizational development, compensation, and diversity. Possesses sound knowledge in federal/state and prior experience conducting international employee relations with a strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting comprehensive employee-related investigations professionally and objectively. Experience in managing a wide array of employee relations issues and implementing tools for mitigating and managing organization risk for US and international client groups.
- Demonstrated experience working in an international context supporting a diverse and remote workforce.
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship and team building skills
- Demonstrated thought leadership experience in driving or contributing to HR initiatives or projects to improve team or organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- A high energy, strategic HR partner with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to positively and constructively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong presentation skills and prior experience presenting to large groups.
- Prior supervisory/management experience preferred. Has a passion for PSI's mission, and a sense of humor to easily connect with colleagues and enhance a positive team environment.
- Fluency in French or Spanish is a plus.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 25%.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply