Part Time Contract
Details: Compensation based on experience
150 N San Pedro Rd
Position: School Counselor
Reports to: Assistant Head of School
Position Status: 3 Days a Week, August through December 2018
The Marin School, an independent college-preparatory high school in San Rafael, California, seeks a part-time School Counselor for Fall Semester 2018 (3 days per week) to job share a position. In collaboration with the school’s Director of Counseling and Social-Emotional Learning, the School Counselor will support social and emotional learning for grades 9-12 on campus three days a week. The Director of Counseling and Social-Emotional Learning will work on campus the other two days of the week.
The School Counselor’s responsibilities include:
Counsel TMS Students
- Offer individual and group counseling
- Provide crisis counseling
- Refer students to outside resources as needed
- Provide case coordination with outside resources
Counsel TMS Parents
- Consult with parents
- Refer parents to outside resources
- Offer brief parent-child counseling
Counsel TMS Faculty and Staff
- Provide leadership to faculty and staff around student concerns/crises, social emotional learning needs, and campus climate issues.
Social-Emotional Learning Responsibilities
· Assist with planning of and teaching of daily social-emotional learning class for freshmen students in the fall semester
Other Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide professional development programs on mental health and social-emotional issues having an impact upon the school community
· Uphold legal and ethical obligations as determined by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
· Carry professional liability insurance as licensed marriage and family therapist
· Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist preferred.
- Must have at least three (3) years of direct experience with adolescents and families.
- Previous experience as a counselor and/or teacher in an independent school preferred.
- Familiarity with Bay Area resources/referrals necessary.
- Carry professional liability insurance as licensed marriage and family therapist.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for four references to firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO. No calls please.