Are you Watsi's next Director of Business Development?
Watsi is a global health startup building a platform to administer health insurance systems in low-resource settings. We put patients first in everything we do, and are committed to helping countries around the world accelerate progress towards universal health coverage.
We’re hiring a Director of Business Development to establish partnerships with governments and health insurance systems in East Africa. As our first business development hire, you’ll work closely with our CEO to define our business development strategy, implement processes, close deals, and hire a team.
What you'll work on:
- Defining our business development processes and strategy
- Identifying leads and conducting initial outreach
- Leading discovery calls and demos
- Supporting prospects throughout the sales process
- Collaborating with our team to draft and present proposals
- Negotiating and closing complex deals
- Hiring and managing teams in key markets
Who you are:
- Your background is in sales, business development, or consulting — both as an individual contributor and a team leader
- You have worked with enterprise customers and/or governments in East Africa on large, complex deals that involve diverse stakeholders
- You have experience collaborating with people from different backgrounds
- You are an expert in establishing processes, systems, and accountability across a department
- You are excited to learn by doing and operate as an individual contributor while building a team
- You are interested in technology, healthcare, and working with governments around the world
- You are based in East Africa, or located in a similar time zone and able to travel to East Africa up to four months per year
What it’s like to work at Watsi:
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." — Annie Dillard
- You will have the freedom to work remotely — our globally distributed team spans three continents
- You will enjoy a flexible schedule, plenty of vacation time, and great benefits — including medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and 401k with matching
- You will join an organization that values building an inclusive culture made up of people as diverse as those we exist to serve — we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives
How to apply
If this opportunity is exciting to you, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
You will enjoy a flexible schedule, plenty of vacation time, and great benefits — including medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and 401k with matching.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.