Details: Commensurate with experience
The Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization designed to facilitate innovative public-private partnerships between the City and the private sector to support NYC's emerging needs. Established in 1994 (formerly Public-Private Initiatives), the organization has grown to become an important vehicle for foundations, corporations and individuals to contribute to City programs that enhance the lives of New Yorkers. The Fund’s work supports more than 100 different programs in areas including mental health, youth workforce development, immigration and citizenship, domestic violence, financial empowerment, and support for young men and women of color. Several of these collaborations are informing the efforts of cities across the country and are helping to shape national policy.
The Mayor’s Fund seeks a Development Manager who will play an integral role in supporting the office to engage New York City’s corporate, foundation and philanthropic community to bring significant dollars to our programmatic work. This position reports to the Director of Development and works closely with other staff members of the Mayor’s Fund. The successful candidate is highly motivated, proactive, creative and resourceful with strong research and communication skills (both written and oral). The responsibilities of the Development Manager include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement strategies to increase the Fund’s network, visibility, impact, and financial resources.
• Support the Development Director’s execution of the annual fundraising plan by proactively identifying prospective new supporters for the Fund.
• Work with the Development Director to develop a plan to expand and further engage Board of Advisors on Fund programming.
• Research new foundations for potential grants in priority areas including mental health, immigration and youth workforce development.
• Prepare briefing materials for donor meetings and events and optimize asks to bring greatest yield.
• Arrange meetings/calls for the Fund’s principals, and securing financial commitments.
• Coordinate logistics for Development Department events and other activities hosted by the Mayor’s Fund as needed.
• Work with the Development Associate to create systems to track prospects, contacts cultivated by events meetings and other development activities.
• Write regular updates of the Fund and Administration’s partnership work to share with partners.
• Develop collateral material for meetings and events.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates should have a passion for creating and nurturing strategic partnerships and connections between philanthropic leaders, city agencies, and community-based organizations to increase opportunity, access and equity for all NYC residents. A successful candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education.
• 4-6 years of fundraising and development experience.
• Deep knowledge of the NYC philanthropic community and who is both socially and politically savvy.
• Experience in grant-writing.
• Ability to think proactively as a self-starter, to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
• Ability to write in a creative and compelling manner with an unrelenting attention to detail.
• Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or equivalent fundraising database.
• Solid level of proficiency with internet search engines, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work evenings as required by events.
• A team player, resourceful, organized and results oriented.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Development Manager.” No phone calls please. Do not apply online through job sites.