Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Manager of Annual Giving Communications leads the development and implementation of marketing strategies and tactics to achieve the College's unrestricted annual income and growth objectives. The Manager of Annual Giving combines multiple channels, including telemarketing, email, direct mail and print, into a cohesive yearly marketing campaign.
Reports to Title
Director of Annual Giving
Full or Part Time
Number Of Months
Monday-Friday 9-5 except when additional hours are required during Leadership Assembly, Phonathon, Reunion and other special activities.
Position Summary Information
Essential Duties Summary
The Manager will draft and implement all aspects of the annual direct marketing plan including, but not limited to:
- Planning and charting specific direct marketing efforts including drop dates, creative deadlines, and data needs.
- Analyzing and evaluating the results of both individual efforts as well as the program effectiveness in order to identify areas of the campaign that need improvement.
- Managing the direct marketing budget and working with vendors to ensure that deadlines are met and prioritized as needed.
- Becoming familiar with the voice of the College and the visual identity, in order to ensure professional and consistent communications.
- Writing data requests for appeals.
- Writing copy for e-mails, letters, and print ads as needed.
- Using design software to design and lay out letters and other mailing package items.
- Supervising an administrative assistant and a student worker.
- Working under general supervision and broad instructions, planning and arranging own work toward previously defined objectives.
- Performing additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
Posting Detail Information
Barnard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barnard does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis, and to the extent permitted by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
Open Until Filled
No phone calls please.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your relevant experience working on direct marketing campaigns. (Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Writing Sample
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to initiate and carry out duties with minimum supervision and a keen eye to detail
- Ability to adhere strictly to rules regarding confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to work with the public with a high degree of diplomacy and tact
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Good organizational, communication (both written and verbal), and project management skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability and willingness to work some weekends and evenings
Required Qualification Summary
- 2-3 years relevant experience in direct mail, telemarketing, web based campaigns, generating lists and reports from a donor database and working with volunteers
- Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or similar design software
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 25 lbs.
- Ability to perform customary office tasks such as sitting, walking, standing, computing and answering telephone for moderate to prolonged periods of time combined with light to moderate reaching, bending and lifting
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply