43-31 39th Street
Sunnyside Community Services, a non-profit organization that provides a continuum of vital services and activities that enrich the lives of individuals of all ages. We serve more than 14,000 people each year with a workforce of 2,250. We are seeking an experienced Social Work Supervisor to support a growing team with a strong commitment to advocacy for older adults. This new position will be supervising Social Workers in core areas of our senior services continuum: Caregiving, Mental Health, Homebound Seniors receiving companionship supports as well as supervising MSW and BSW students.
The Social Work supervisor will also link to our senior center and case management to help ensure that our services are connected and effective. Because we are a growing and dynamic team, the Social Work Supervisor will have opportunities to connect to program participants directly and to provide direction of programs during transitions. As a team player, you will be ready to deliver programming yourself when needed.
We are looking for someone who can be a guide for our Social Workers both in processing their service challenges and ensuring we use best practices in case notes and case planning. You should be dynamic, with an ability to grow and learn to support our diverse program offerings. You will be part of a learning organization. The Social Work Supervisor will help us be an incubator for innovation both by supervising social worker interns that will help us expand our impact; and by ensuring we have the capacity to grow our work with critical supports, training and staff development in place.
· Case supervision of four social workers and their client caseloads
· Reviews documentation, including intakes, screenings, client case notes, support group note entries
· Monitoring of staff and case review with regard to ongoing reassessment of client needs, monitoring of service efficacy and appropriate revision of the case plan
· Develops plan for timely entry of supervisory case notes
· Assists in completing program funder monthly and quarterly reporting
· Ensures supervisees are monitoring and planning to meet their program deliverables and assists with keeping staff on track towards meeting their funders goals
· Uses Social Work expertise to guide supervisees for the best client care management
· LMSW with 2-3 years supervisory experience with the older adult population
· SIFI certification
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to thrive in an environment with diverse stakeholders
· Excellent problem resolution, planning and decision-making abilities regarding personnel and client issues
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
· Salesforce and Peer Place familiarity a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Social Work Supervisor” in the subject line. EOE