26 Ely Place
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 72 countries, all 50 United States, and your community. Founded in 1951, our mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Your Position with TNC
Become a force for nature and oceans by joining us! This is an exciting time at TNC- we are shifting our strategy for greater impact in the world, seeking to address some of the most complex challenges facing people and the oceans. This strategic evolution is calling us deeper into global geographies to find thought leaders, strategic thinkers and coalition builders to build on our organizational excellence in ocean conservation. The Global Ocean Program is hiring a Communications Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will have experience creating compelling content in service of key projects, including but not limited to developing messaging, feature stories and/or asset collection. We are looking for a person who thrives in a dynamic environment, is a strong communicator, is comfortable with ambiguity, can project manage multiple work streams, is entrepreneurially minded, and regularly seeks out feedback and continuous improvement.
Are you a predictive problem solver who seeks input from a variety of perspectives but also moves quickly, and is adept at engaging stakeholders? If you are called to help teams and leaders reach their fullest potential in service of the future of our global oceans, we invite you to apply for this job.*
The Communications Manager supports the management and implementation of communication projects and initiatives. S/he works closely with various constituents such as project staff, field offices, program consultants and vendors. In an international role, s/he will play an essential function in coordinating across time zones and helping ensure smooth processes and information sharing. S/he will ensure deadlines are met by working effectively and collaboratively.
The Communication Manager will create compelling content in service of key projects, including but not limited to developing messaging, feature stories and/or asset collection in support of GOT priorities. S/he will liaise with the internal communications team to effectively deploy GOT communications across available internal platforms. S/he will contribute to project management processes to coordinate planning, production, and promotion with internal and external stakeholders.
This is a 1-year limited term position with extension based on the program success. The location for this position is London, UK and the successful applicant must have the proper documentation and/or the ability to live and work in London effective on November 1st, 2018 and extending through the one-year contract. This position is not eligible for relocation or immigration assistance. This position may require work and or travel (both domestic and international) on nights and/or weekends.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
· Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects.
· Experience writing, editing and proofreading
· Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
· Demonstrable understanding of ocean conservation topics and ability to share perspectives in these fields.
· Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
· Self-starter and entrepreneurial mindset preferred.
· Knowledge and application of current and evolving trends in marketing.
· Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences from technical information.
· Relevant technology skills required to prepare presentations and analyze data to construct reports.
· Practical knowledge of marketing and branding principles.
· Excellent time management skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in working to save our oceans, want to work in a collaborative environment, and like a great benefits package, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID # 46925 in the keyword search. Submit your application by 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, October 28, 2018 to be considered. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.