ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide career development and job search counseling to adult literacy students in both individual and group settings.
- Conduct an initial education and career plan, then provide ongoing support for each student.
- Ensure that student progress is being tracked and properly documented.
- Assist students in registering for the Department of Labor JobZone website as well as conducting other job search and placement activities.
- Collaborate with the technology instructor to ensure that each student is assisted in the creation of a resume and general cover letter.
- Maintain students portfolio.
- Invite guest speakers from different career and education fields to speak with students about career options.
- Meet with Program Director / Program Coordinator on a regular basis to discuss students progress and document tracking performance data.
- Refer participants internally or externally for support services as needed and follow-up to ensure services are being offered.
- Work with student and partners to secure milestone verifications.
- Complete other assignments as directed by Program Coordinator and Program Director.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with Adult English Language Learners
- Working knowledge of workforce development, career counseling and/or adult education
- Proficiency if Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel
- Willing to go above and beyond program mandates for the benefit of the student
- Associates degree in Human Services or a related field and 2 years within the last 5 years of experience providing counseling or relevant services; High School diploma (or equivalent) and at least 4 years of experience within the last 6 years providing counseling or relevant services may be considered.
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of RiseBoro to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, political or union affiliation, marital or partnership status, sex, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity, familial status, genetic information or predisposition or characteristic, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military and related obligations, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job placement, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship, employee development, promotion, demotion, discipline, transfer, lay-off and recall, and termination. RiseBoro makes reasonable accommodations based on religion and/or disability as required by law, and requests for accommodation are to be directed to the Human Resources Department.