Financial Capabilities Program Coordinator - Silicon Valley
- Job posted by Building Skills Partnership
Building Skills Partnership (BSP) is a non-profit whose mission it is to improve the quality of life for low-wage property service workers and their families by increasing their skills, access to education and opportunities for career and community advancement.
Thousands of low-wage workers dream of a better future for their families. Help them overcome barriers by expanding the reach of BSP’s financial education, coaching, and free tax preparation program.
The Financial Education Program Coordinator/Financial Coach will be working closely with members of SEIU United Service Workers West-, other low-wage workers, and their families in the San Francisco Bay Area and occasionally in Sacramento. The Financial Education Program Coordinator/Financial Coach will be in charge of managing, coordinating, and implementing the financial education, coaching, and free tax preparation program to improve the personal financial stability of individuals. The Financial Education Program Coordinator/Financial Coach will also guide workers in their desire to achieve their educational and career goals.
This is a full-time position based at SEIU-USWW’s San Jose office. It requires regular off-site travel to training sites as well as some night and weekend work.
· Develop and deliver stand-alone and integrated financial education training and assessments in English and Spanish.
· Engage financial education program participants and their families in a culturally appropriate manner.
· Provide individualized financial coaching and case management to help participants reach financial, educational, and career goals.
· Monitor participant's progress, collect, analyze, and evaluate data from program results.
· Market, conduct outreach, perform site visits, and articulate the mission, objectives, and programs of the organization within the target population and partners.
· Meet the deliverables for all financial education grants, assist in developing relationships with financial education funders and research RFP’s (Request for Proposals), as well as support grant writing and grant reporting.
· Manage existing and develop new partnership with other service providers and financial institutions.
· Coordinate BSP’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program in Silicon Valley, including attending mandatory trainings, site coordinator meetings, recruiting and training VITA volunteers, and incorporating financial capability services to the VITA program.
· Map out educational pathways for program participants, establish and manage partnerships with adult school and community colleges.
· Work collaboratively with other staff members to promote financial education activities and integrate financial education curriculum to other programs offered by the organization.
· Support other programs, classes, and activities if required by the regional coordinator.
· Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice.
· Ideally 2 years of experience in financial education and coaching, preferably in the non-profit environment. Demonstrate experience developing and implementing financial education and instruction is required.
· Program management experience is preferred.
· Experience as VITA volunteer or site coordinator is preferred.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Education, Social Sciences or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
· Bilingual in Spanish/English, written and verbal.
· Strong Computer skills (Google docs, Microsoft Office, comfortable collecting and imputing data)
· Must be open to flexible hours including evenings and Saturdays.
· Must have reliable transportation to visit various training sites.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
· Excellent benefit package including full family health coverage, dental and vision and paid vacation.
· Pension plan (3 years vesting period).
· $100/mo. cell phone stipend.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish/English, written and verbal.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email a resume with cover letter explaining interest and qualifications to Christian Valdez at email@example.com.
BSP is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.