2830 South Central Avenue
A Place Called Home is seeking a Health Care Aide
The Health Care Aide will be at the front-line for member safety and well being. The Health Care Aide assesses members who are ill or injured and determines if further medical attention is needed during the after school programming hours (2:00 pm - 7:00 pm) Monday through Friday.
Job Title: Health Care Aide
Reports to: Associate Program Directors
Hours: 25 hours per week (40 hours during the summer)
Hourly Pay Rate: $13.50-$14.50
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrate first aid for minor injuries
- Document all injuries and care rendered- Maintain medical log, complete incident forms for injuries when required
- Review all Incident/Accident Reports to identify ways to prevent and reduce incidents, accident and injuries
- Notify staff of health problems and concerns and respond to questions related to student’s health
- Confer with parents about special problems and needs of their children when necessary
- Examine members for lice or general problems when necessary
- Confer with APCH staff on making decisions on members about participation in activities per their health needs
- Prepare, maintain and replenish first aid kits for various on-site locations and off campus trips
- Inventory supplies at beginning and end of summer semester and reorder as needed
- Communicates necessary medical information in a timely manner to appropriate APCH personnel, parents/guardians while maintaining confidentiality
- Perform other tasks as assigned
To perform this important job successfully, the Health Care Aide must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard, and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. The ideal candidate will embrace the APCH culture of a learning organization and strive to constantly improve upon systems and services for the benefit of employees and our constituents; and will be demonstrably committed to his/her own ongoing personal and professional development. All employees are expected to contribute to ongoing growth and improvement in their departments via excellent job performance. Additionally, you are expected to speak up if you become aware of deficiencies and needs; and to offer solutions and make suggestions for improvements in your purview areas. Likewise, because each employee and each department is integral to the entire APCH community, we expect that as you focus on your area, you will also consider the big picture and the overall mission of the agency, and communicate with the appropriate individuals if/when you become aware of problems and/or have suggestions for ways and opportunities to make APCH stronger and better. Together, we can continue to take APCH to even higher levels of excellence and service to the community.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1 year experience in health care field or enrolled in nursing/healthcare field
- Current certification in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) & Basic First Aid
- 1 year experience working with youth
Background screening required/Relevant skills assessment during initial screening
Please let us know if you are an APCH Alumnus!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K retirement plan, generous time off package + more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter, to Human Resources at email@example.com.
(E-mail submission only/No phone inquiries)
Responses will be sent only individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position