535 East 70th Street
Latino Outreach RA Support and Education
14 hours per week
SW Coordinator, Latino Outreach RA Support and Education will conduct research, needs assessment, outreach and planning to implement and facilitate a pilot psychoeducational initiative for the Spanish-speaking Latino community with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). RA is a chronic systemic illness which can lead to significant disability and this population is at higher risk for poor outcomes. This innovative program seeks to addresses culturally relevant psychosocial-educational concerns of Spanish speakers with RA and their loved ones, to support strategies for coping and managing this condition.
The goal is to develop and launch a series of evidence-based community education programs and report on the outcomes, to inform future initiatives for this underserved population.
- Conducts literature reviews, interviews and research with health care team members and key informants internally and within the community re: culturally relevant targeted outreach to Latino/Hispanic communities to develop culturally relevant content of curriculum and lecture.
- Conducts internal and external outreach related to program promotion
- Creates needs assessment, program evaluation
- Develops, coordinates and facilitates a series of pilot community programs
- Creates formal analysis of outcomes to inform program of future development
- Writes formal report on outcomes of pilot program series
- Reports to Senior Manager, Inflammatory Arthritis Support and Education Programs, Department of Social Work Programs.
The successful candidate must be bi-lingual (Spanish/English) and have earned an LMSW, LCSW or MPH, with at least 2 years post-graduate experience. Highly qualified exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered. Self-directed, highly committed professional with excellent program development, planning and community outreach experience. Experience in qualitative research preferred. Experience with data collection, management and Microsoft Office.
Minimum Education Required