Phinney Neighborhood Association Mission
The mission of the Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) is to build, engage, and support our diverse community through programs, services, and activities that connect neighbors and foster civic engagement.
The PNA is committed to building a culture of equity and inclusion, believing that a diversity of staff, Board, and programming is essential to achieving our mission. We are looking for someone who is willing to work with and challenge this organization and the community to be our most respectful, accepting, and sympathetic selves.
The PNA Senior Programs Assistant supports two programs at the PNA focused on senior populations, the Greenwood Senior Center (GSC) and the PNA Village. The GSC is an inclusive community that provides social, physical, and educational activities focused around the needs of older adults. The PNA Village is an aging in community program that empowers people to remain in their homes and neighborhoods while staying active and engaged while they age.
The Senior Programs Assistant works closely with seniors in the community to understand their unique set of needs and ways they can connect to PNA Senior Programs. To better serve seniors in the community at large, this position will work with the GSC Director to identify, develop and promote new social connectivity strategies. With the PNA Village, this position connects members to Village services including direct support provided by neighborhood volunteers, information and referrals provided by the Village office, and a variety of social opportunities to build relationships in the community. The Senior Programs Assistant will also provide administrative support including data entry, tracking member requests, and event planning. This position reports to PNA Village Director and GSC Senior Programs Director and is funded by a King County Veterans, Seniors and Human Services Levy grant through the end of 2023.
This position is located at the Greenwood Senior Center which is currently closed to the public. GSC staff are working a hybrid of remote and in-person, paying careful attention to Public Health COVID-19 protocols.
· Work with the GSC Director to identify, develop, and promote new social connectivity strategies for all seniors in the community.
· Ensure that PNA Village member requests are being fulfilled in a timely and efficient manner.
· Proactively engage PNA Village members and seniors in the community to better understand their unique needs and how our programs and services can support them.
· Build relationships with other community organizations and attend community meetings as a representative of the GSC and PNA Village.
· Work with Village Staff and GSC Social Workers to provide a deeper level of support to our most vulnerable members.
· Coordinate one-time and ongoing social events and activities with support from the Village Social Committee.
· Recruit, train, and supervise Village office volunteers.
· Enter and maintain program data using Salesforce.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· A passion for and experience working with older adults or vulnerable populations
· Experience working with volunteers
· Team player who is also confident working independently
· Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
· Strong language and communication skills (written and oral)
· Enthusiastic, patient and positive attitude toward helping others and appreciation for community-building mission of the PNA
· Excellent decision making and critical thinking skills
· Ability to work in an open office environment
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
· Demonstrated ability to learn new software and/or database systems
· Experience using Salesforce is a plus
Phinney Neighborhood Association Mission
The mission of the Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) is to build, engage, and support our diverse community through programs, services, and activities that connect neighbors and foster civic…
Health insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match; long‐term disability insurance; a flexible spending account; self-paid Aflac products; a free PNA household membership with reduced costs for classes and room rentals; 3 weeks personal time off the first year, increasing annually; Christmas Eve – New Year’s Day off; and 8 paid holidays (total paid time off first year: 5.5 weeks)
Health insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match; long‐term disability insurance; a flexible spending account; self-paid Aflac products; a free PNA household membership with…
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest, how you meet the minimum qualifications, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to candidates who apply by February 26th at 5 pm, position is open until filled.
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest, how you meet the minimum qualifications, and a resume to email@example.com. Preference will be given to candidates who…