201 N Washington St
Responsible for accounts payable, disbursements for The Military Officers Association of America (MOAA), The Scholarship Fund (MSF), Voices for America’s Troops, (VFAT) and MOAA Military Family Initiative (MMFI). Assists the Comptroller to establish financial procedures for the Association and to prepare the monthly financial statements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for implementing and maintaining accounts payable policies and procedures to ensure proper authorization, documentation, and controls are adhered to before disbursements are made.
2. Assists the Comptroller in the classification, recording, adjustment of and reconciliation of all financial transactions, preparation of financial statements and financial reports of all organizations, in Great Plains and various excel spreadsheets.
3. Ensures cash handling policies are followed to properly receive and receipt, store and deposit funds.
4. Maintains up-to-date vendor lists and ensures that W-9’s are on file for each new vendor and updated forms are received as necessary.
5. Assists Director and Treasurer of Finance & Administration to ensure adequate cash is available to pay bills. Projects cash requirements.
6. Processes vendor payments by check or ACH according to vendor setup and terms. Sends check files to bank to prevent fraudulent activity for the GF, SF, and Widows Trust Accounts.
7. Collects and provides comptroller with bank information for vendors who choose to be paid via ACH. Encourages vendors, especially those paid regularly, to be paid via ACH.
8. Generates 1099 forms at year-end to vendors and Board members who meet requirements. Files completed 1096 Transmittal Form to the IRS within prescribed timelines.
9. Prepares financial data and reports frequently for the Chief Financial Officer, Director and Treasurer of Finance & Administration and other members of the staff.
10. Provides financial data and assists auditors in the preparation of the annual audit.
11. Responsible for the coordination of all MOAA documentation deliveries to Iron Mountain for off-site storage and destruction of outdated files.
12. Responsible for the daily deposits of checks received at the Post Office Box as well as checks mailed to the headquarters using the online deposit software, updating and reconciling to the appropriate spreadsheets.
13. Responsible for all invoices received into the Kwik-Tag program and processes invoices for approval with correct account coding following appropriate approval protocol.
14. Maintains information on taxable fringe for all employees based on disbursements and reports to HR for inclusion in payroll on a quarterly basis.
15. Responsible for preparation of business personal property tax return for Director and Treasurer of Finance & Administration’s review, authorization and filing.
Required Professional Qualifications:
1. Understanding of general accepted accounting principles and procedures.
2. Ability to compile and analyze statistical data, draw conclusions and present results.
3. Good interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to develop plans and schedules and to work under tight deadlines.
5. Ability to manage multiple projects.
6. General computer knowledge.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access preferred.
8. Proficiency in Great Plains accounting software.
Professional Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or commensurate experience required. (5 years)
2. Knowledge of accounting software, business personal property tax and preparation of 1099’s.
Minimum Education Required