1130 6th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Policy and Role Overview
Under the direction of the Executive Director and Deputy Director, the Financial Manager is a full-time position and is responsible for performing financial responsibilities including but not limited to careful documentation, fiscal grants management, payroll, budget management and appropriate bookkeeping consistent and in accordance with established accounting practices and federal regulations.
- Accounts Receivable – invoicing, coding, collection and reconciliation of monies owed to Men Can Stop Rape (MCSR);
- Grants Receivable – handles monthly billings, coding, payments and reconciliation of grant records for multiple funding sources, and monitoring grant budgets;
- Bookkeeping – works with staff to maintain “process integrity” related to cash deposits and codes revenue and expenses into account system;
- Cash Flow – monitors cash inflow and outflow daily to anticipate routine cash needs;
- Meets regularly with Executive Director and Deputy Director to provide updates on fiscal conditions, providing insight, forecasts and recommendations based on cash flow, organizational history, and economic climate.
- Budget – monitors appropriate use of funds related to budget, works with Executive Director and Deputy Director to develop and prepare MCSR annual operating budget and facilitates quarterly meetings with each department to assess and discuss revenue and expenses issues relative to previous and upcoming quarters;
- Financial Reporting;
- Audit preparation – coordinates and prepares fiscal and personnel documentation for grantors and annual audits in coordination with CFO consultant;
- Investigate ways to improve profitability and maximize return on investment while minimizing risk;
- Assist the Executive Director and Deputy Director in preparing a budget for the Board of Directors;
- Other duties as required.
- Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum three years’ experience of financial grant management
- Experience in a similar position with three to five years of experience with financial procedures
- Willing to accept equivalent training and experience in lieu of degree
- Comprehensive understanding of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge and experience with Quickbooks and Excel software
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple responsibilities and tasks effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively within a small staff office
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Compensation levels are commensurate with experience and training skill levels. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions are open until filled. No phone calls please.
Men Can Stop Rape is committed to equal opportunity in employment and, in accordance with the District of Columbia Human Rights Act of 1977, as amended, does not discriminate on the basis of "race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, source of income, and place of residence or business."