152 Ridge Road
Title Healthcare and Wellness Coordinator
Department Healthcare Services
Accountability Executive Director
The Healthcare and Wellness Coordinator (HWC) supports and participates in furthering the mission and philosophy of Marian Woods, a 50 bed licensed adult home for retired women members of religious congregations. The HWC works as a member of an interdisciplinary team providing services for residents of Marian Woods following a person-centered model of care. The HWC oversees day-to-day operations of the Healthcare Office and participates in all aspects of health services in accordance with Marian Woods’ policies and New York State Department of Health regulations for Adult Homes and Enhanced Assisted Living Residences (EALR).
Holds a current license as a registered nurse in New York State; Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN). Has at least ten years clinical and supervisory experience in caring for a senior population, preferably in a residential or congregate care setting. Is energetic, creative and possesses excellent organizational, managerial and communication skills. Holds a valid New York State Driver’s License.
- Coordinates services necessary to meet the health care and wellness needs of the residents.
- Collaborates with the Marian Woods Care Manager in order to create a person-centered plan of care for each new resident.
- Engages in effective communication between residents, their physicians, caregivers and liaisons. Arranges on-site medical services and coordinates referrals for needed community supports and services.
- Plays a significant role in care conferences with the interdisciplinary team (Care Manager, Activity Coordinator, Nurse, Pastoral Care Coordinator and Executive Director) for ongoing assessment and updating of the plan of care. Safeguards confidentiality and complies with HIPPA regulations.
- Works collaboratively with all departments of Marian Woods.
- Provides clinical care, as appropriate. Assists in educating residents in managing their medical conditions.
- Is responsible for all aspects of medication assistance procedures, including but not limited to, ordering and storing medications, documentation on Medication Administration Records (MAR) and disposal of medications.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the New York State Department of Health regulations for Adult Homes and Enhanced Assisted Living Residences (EALR). Assures that all records required by the Department of Health including, but not limited to, annual physicals, assessments of ability to self-medicate, written orders for medications and incident reports are current and filed in resident charts.
- Orders equipment and supplies and assures that they are available in individual rooms when required by changes in a resident’s care plan.
- Hires, trains and supervises healthcare staff. Provides leadership and mentoring of healthcare staff that supports dedication and team effort and arranges for in-service opportunities.
- Creates a monthly schedule for the Healthcare Office.
- Completes performance evaluations of healthcare staff.
- Includes on-site and on-call hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Enjoys working as part of a team. Exhibits a compassionate presence with excellent listening skills. Possesses a strong interest and appreciation of the life experience of the residents and is supportive of the independence shown by them, within safe parameters. Is flexible. Demonstrates proficiency in Word and Excel.
Pension Program 403B
Paid Vacation and Personal Days
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required