Details: Comprehensive benefits package
290 Summer Street
Position Summary/ Objective
This positive, energetic and enthusiastic Direct Marketer is flexible and nimble and can manage multiple projects at one time. This person must love a fast-paced and complex environment and must be motivated by crafting creative and innovative strategies to grow IFAW’s fundraising and by working independently or as part of a high-achieving team.
Under the direction of the Deputy Vice President of Direct Marketing, provide leadership and strategic direction for IFAW’s Regular Giving programme in eight fundraising markets. Responsible for the ongoing development, management, and implementation of IFAW’s Regular giving program to retain, cultivate, upgrade and reactivate donors according to Development goals and metrics. This position is tasked with increasing participation in Regular (or recurring) giving, Net Income, improving donor retention and strengthening donor reactivation. Work as part of a collaborative direct marketing leadership team to support IFAW Direct marketing goals and objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the DVP of DM, provide leadership and management direction to all aspects of the Regular giving program including: Leading the Regular Giving execution, strategic planning, budget preparation, forecasting, management, creative input and process improvements.
- Collaborate with Direct Marketing Directors of: Copy and Design, Segmentation, Campaign management to ensure the Regular Giving program meets or exceeds budgeted net income, budgeted cost per dollar raised, and supports program outcome goals, as requested.
- Utilize direct marketing principles, fundraising techniques, production and analytical skills to develop complete and comprehensive direct marketing practices.
- Collaborate with the Director of New Donor Acquisition, Director of Annual Giving and Director of Mid-Level Giving, to develop an overall donor centric communication strategy, using channels that are relevant to the donor to provide a better experience and increase donor giving, loyalty and retention.
- Manage multiple internal and external relationships to ensure aggressive marketing budgets are implemented and achieve budgeted goals; ensure that IFAW remains ahead of industry trends.
- Collaborate with the DVP of DM to set direct marketing and retention strategy for the Regular giving program and constantly re-evaluate performance in each market channel, requesting approval from the DVP to shift resources if necessary, to ensure IFAW achieves the best ROI while maintaining growth in the Regular Giving participation.
- Collaborate with the Campaign Management team ensuring that IFAW’s internal database structure supports the complexities of the Regular Giving Program with the goal of maximizing data analysis to provide solid decision-making information to guide future strategy. Remain up-to-date on new and proposed domestic and international electronic banking and other regular giving methods. Initiate banking relationships in any new country to which IFAW expands.
- Research, assess and evaluate new regular giving marketing channels around the world and determine appropriate testing, execution and system implementation
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years in-depth direct marketing experience, preferably with international fundraising experience, and demonstrated success in managing multiple complex, deadline-driven direct mail and telemarketing campaigns.
- A BS degree preferably in Marketing, or equivalent fundraising business experience.
- Knowledge of international direct marketing or fundraising
- Superior time management skills: the proven ability to successfully manage functionally trained and non-functionally-trained internal staff and outside vendors to completing projects by the deadline dates and within the budgets assigned.
- Negotiating skills to attract the best domestic and international vendors at the lowest prices.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal. Second language a plus.
- A very sharp, highly organized and self-motivated individual.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter at https://www.ifaw.org/united-states/about-ifaw/employment