Details: Please submit salary requirements
37 West 26th Street, 7th floor
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Government Contract Manager to join its development team. The development team raises approximately 6 million dollars annually through a combination of private and government grants, individual giving, and a NYC based gala. The team prides itself in having a deep understanding of, and passion for NAC’s mission, and is excited to welcome the right person into this newly formed position. The Government Contract Manager will partner with the Director of Foundation and Government Fundraising and liaison regularly with key Program staff as well as other departments throughout the organization. The position requires a collaborative mindset and an analytical and solution driven approach to projects.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Foundation and Government Fundraising
RESPONSIBILITY: To oversee the administration of all contracts held by NAC with state and local government. This does not include the major child welfare contracts with the NY City Administration of Children's Services (ACS) or anything related to Medicaid funds.
- Monitor and track all government discretionary and RFP awards (currently 18).
- Liaison with program and development staff to prepare narratives and develop requests and/or scopes of work and prepare and submit reports.
- Work with fiscal staff to ensure that budgets are properly monitored and utilized to ensure timely billing and reimbursement.
- Responsible for data maintenance through government grant portals and assist with online grant submission.
- Maintain communication with all program officers at State and City agencies for all contracts and collaborate with NAC's fiscal office on claims.
- Develop budget and budget modifications accordingly
- Maintain contract documentation and timely submissions. Work with NAC insurance and other vendors/subcontractors to ensure all documentation is current and meets grant requirements.
- Oversee that quarterly and monthly reports are prepared and submitted on-time.
- Online portals include HHS Accelerator, Mayor's Office of Contract Services' PASSPort system (MOCS), Payee Information Portal (PIP), Grants Gateway, Vendor Responsibility Questionnaire system, Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) online system, the and the Office of Children and Family Services' (OCFS') Contract Management System (CMS).
Must have a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) and experience in management of government contracts for non-profit agencies. Meticulous attention to detail is required as are budget development and management skills. Aptitude for online systems and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously is required. Familiarity with government grant portals a plus. Non-profit experience with a health and/or social service agency is a plus. Good Excel skills required and some grant writing experience necessary. Excellent communication skills needed.
HOURS: Generally 9 AM to5 PM Monday through Friday. Occasional work outside these hours may be required.
To learn more about New Alternatives for Children, Inc., please visit our website: www.nackidscan.org
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY”
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please indicate "Government Contract Manager" in the subject line when applying. Please submit SALARY REQUIREMENTS, COVER LETTER and RESUME to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010