District of Columbia
If we are going to truly end poverty, it will be by bringing programs, services, and opportunities into neighborhoods where all three are scarce. We must transform neighborhoods without displacing individuals and families. That is at the heart of A Wider Circle's neighborhood programming, and we are looking for an individual to help lead this effort.
We currently operate two sites in Southeast DC and are soon to open a third in Northwest DC. Each will exemplify strong partnerships with public and non-profit entities.
The emphases of our neighborhood work include economic opportunity, safety and stability, quality of life, and community empowerment. Building on our work to date, the Director will oversee staff and volunteers, manage daily site operations, build partnerships, and bring an uncompromising commitment to ending poverty.
The Director, Neighborhood Partnerships will be a key leader in our organization and in the movement to end poverty by supporting individuals, their families, and their communities. This is more than a job - it is rooted in the belief that significant change is possible.
- Oversee daily operations and programming in our neighborhood sites, to include workforce development, health and wellness, basic needs provision, youth activities, community empowerment, safety, and quality of life.
- Serve in an administrative and supervisor role, managing site staff, addressing worksite operational issues, and attending community meetings.
- Establish data tools and metrics to track outcomes of all programs. Track results and offer flexibility and leadership necessary to adjust resources to ensure results.
- Understand need and opportunities within and beyond the community geographic center for residents and community partners.
- Conduct neighborhood outreach for development and maintenance of partnerships.
- Carry out basic budget management and engage in fundraising efforts for the program.
- Serve as a visionary in community efforts for equity and equality, resource allocation and programs that meet need while addressing root causes and pushing for change.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Programs. While some time will be spent at the Silver Spring headquarters, the majority will be at our neighborhood sites.
- 10+ years of experience in non-profit program management, human services, and/or grassroots community organizations.
- Considerable leadership and staff management experience.
- Experience with urban poverty settings.
- An ability to work with an outcomes-based approach; focused on economic opportunity, quality of life, safety and security, and community engagement.
- Strong desire to serve as a change agent in the movement to end poverty.
A Wider Circle offers health insurance, retirement, voluntary benefits, and more.
Minimum Education Required