The Development and Events Coordinator provides administrative and strategic support to the foundation. This position involves event coordination support and execution, including donor management and support of the organization’s development team. This position provides administrative support for fundraising activities which may involve donor cultivation, gift acknowledgment, special events, donor solicitation and database (Raiser’s Edge) administration. Raiser’s Edge experience required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assists in updating Raiser’s Edge donor database and creating donor tracking reports using the database
· Assists with event coordination; planning, facility and equipment booking, vendor management, event logistics, day-of-event coordination including; set-up and volunteer management.
· Processes accurate and timely gift acknowledgement letters for all fundraising efforts.
· Assists with organization’s fundraising efforts including; outbound calls, mail correspondences, email campaign letters.
· Donor information and data management, handling follow-up email and phone correspondences
· Assists in the production of mailings and newsletters
· Interfaces and receives work assignments directly from all levels of the foundation on event planning
· Consistently maintains high ethical standards
· Undertakes other duties as assigned
PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION
· Bachelor’s degree in related-discipline
· 2-3-years minimum work-related experience required
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge database management required
· Event experience preferred
· Demonstrated computer skills including, Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator a plus
· Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
· Must have excellent self-management skills and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to use in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures in varied situations
· Strong organizational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail
· Strong work ethic
· Must be willing to work in an empowering environment and must understand and support the concepts of teamwork, self-direction and high-performance.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to function in high-pressure situations
· Manual dexterity to operate computer
· Correctable vision and hearing
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods in front of computer
· Ability to move about in an office environment
· Clear, easy to understand speaking voice
Competitive health benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to Brooke@towercancer.org.