10 Wood Street
Isles is currently seeking an experienced accounting professional to serve as Senior Accountant. This position will play a critical role in Isles’ operations by developing collaborative budgeting procedures; effective accounting systems and procedures that maximize utilization of all funding sources; and risk management strategies and practices that ensure the long-term health and success of the organization. We seek a professional who can work equally well with the Isles leadership team, grants managers, and finance staff, and who can gain the respect of Trustees and colleagues. The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to join a dynamic and highly accomplished team at one of the most innovative and successful nonprofits in the region.
The position reports to the Deputy Operations Officer, and works in close collaboration with the Chief Operations Officer, President, and Board of Trustees.
The position requires strong analytical, verbal, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to work in a collaborative and consultative manner with colleagues. The Senior Accountant must welcome the challenges associated with working in a multi-service organization supported by a large number and type of funding sources. This is not a grants accountant position; experience working at the organizational level in finance and budgeting is required.
Qualified Candidates Will Have Demonstrated Success In:
- Preparing and managing budgets for non-profit organizations with multiple funding sources
- Working collaboratively with organization managers and accounting staff to become a trusted source of financial information
- Implementing effective purchasing and accounting policies and procedures; assessing effectiveness; adjusting strategies; and providing leadership to ensure achievement of financial goals
- Ensuring compliance with tax-exempt organization laws and regulations, and working with independent accountants to coordinate audits and implement corrective actions
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending revenue-generating and cost-saving measures.
- Directing procurement and vendor management processes
- Implementing and utilizing financial software to optimize analysis and reporting of financial information
- Understanding risk in non-profit organizations and effectively managing that risk while ensuring cost effectiveness
- Developing and presenting budget reports to leadership in order for effective decision making to occur
Base Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required; CPA or CMA preferred
- 7 to 10 years professional work experience in accounting or finance, including supervision of staff and responsibility for creating and monitoring an organizational budget exceeding $1M
- Minimum 3 years non-profit accounting and finance experience
- Knowledge of MIP accounting software is essential
- Experience with payroll processing
- Ability to work independently and collegially in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation, and managerial skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Competitive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
Flexible Spending Account
401(k) with match
Paid holidays and vacation
Minimum Education Required