4622 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Conduct a variety of communications activities to help achieve Kidsave’s overall Communications and Marketing goals:
- Build awareness of the value of finding families for older kids
- Support public engagement and communications for Kidsave’s programs – recruiting families, fundraising, and supporting events and activities
- Assist in the development, production and dissemination of communications materials and campaigns
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide general communications support to Kidsave’s Project and Communications Coordinator.
- Write, edit and proofread materials for print and broadcast and place stories in traditional media
- Assist in video and still photography and editing
- Work to design and update print material templates
- Assist in updating of iForm builder mobile app and Litmos online learning center.
- Support Kidsave’s email marketing and social media presence via Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and Social Toaster, etc.
- Develop and update general and program brochures, media kits, key messages, fact sheets, & other collateral material as needed.
- Contact donors for inkind and financial contributions.
- Other communications and program support as assigned
- Work experience in marketing, public or media relations, communications, or related field, - or demonstrated min. of 2 years’ experience in one or more of these areas
- Highly organized, attention to detail, results oriented
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs
- Basic design/layout experience and experience with photography desired
- Knowledge of electronic media such as Web sites, e-Newsletters, Social Media, an other Web 2.0
- Ability to creatively find solutions to challenges and to anticipate, manage and resolve conflicts
- Team player with leadership skills, abilities and desire to interact with people at all levels
- Demonstrated dedication to work effectively with underserved, at-risk, and vulnerable populations
Minimum Education Required