College Completion Manager- Boyle Heights
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have ten centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation's college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
The College Completion Manager provides targeted supports to students in the 9th through 12th grade, ensuring that students are prepared to apply to and ultimately matriculate to a four-year college.
- Program Design & Implementation: Under the guidance of the College Completion Director, design and implement learning experiences and individualized support in all grades that achieve expected outcomes for students.
- College Exposure: Lead high school student college exposure activities that are aligned to College Completion strategy, including college tours, college representative visits and summer programs.
- College Application & Matriculation: Manage 12th grade advisory and admissions processes to ensure financial aid and college application completion, scholarship attainment, and college matriculation.
- Team Leadership: Manage part-time staff to achieve high quality results aligned to the college completion site goals.
- New Projects: Projects as assigned by the College Completion Director or Site Director.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience working directly to support students to matriculate to four-year colleges
- Holds the highest expectations for students. Demonstrated success in motivating, influencing and managing students
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective at relationship building with students, families, and partners (e.g. college reps, school counselors, etc.)
- Strong classroom or group facilitation skills
- Demonstrates success in designing curriculum and project planning through backwards mapping
- Reliably prioritizes the highest impact work amongst competing demands, delegates effectively, holds self accountable and produces quality work consistently
- Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact
- Ability to travel and drive for college exposure events, including overnight college tours; valid California Driver's License required
- Minimum 4-year college degree
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization's compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
Minimum Education Required