3166 Mount Pleasant Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Operations Coordinator will take a proactive approach to assist Operation Manager smooth operations in the DC facilities. This position will have receptionist responsibilities as well as operations. The primary work location of this position will be at the reception area at La Casa with occasional work at LCDP DC main site, and other LCDP locations as needed. The Operations Coordinator main goal is to service the staff and facilities needs of La Casa as well be the point of contact for the leasing of La Casa multipurpose room to community groups.
Duties & Responsibilities
Site operation duties for all LCDP DC locations
· Ensuring smooth operations in LCDP’s DC sites, maintaining the facilities and systems
· Assist with changing program needs and making changes in the facility to accommodate these needs in a timely manner under the supervision of the Operations Manager
· Conduct regular walks thru of the Facilities to ensure cleanness and acceptance of general appearance
· Perform workspace set up at DC sites for new employees, contractors or volunteers
· Accountable for troubleshooting of basic knowledge of all LCDP phone systems
· Ensure that all security systems, elevators, lifts and keys work properly at all LCDP sites
· Maintain supplies for each location
· Reception and distribution of mail at DC sites
· Conduct fire drills with the support of Operations Manager
· Update regularly Operation Handbooks
· Update regularly staff Telephone Directory
Reception Duties for La Casa
· General support for La Casa general reception
· Greet visitors and navigate them to the right program
· Receive and distribute packages and mail
· Report maintenance, safety or security concerns to the DC operations coordinator
· Greet vendors and repair people and direct them to where they need to go
· Unpack and store supplies when they are delivered
· Answer the receptionist phone line and transfer calls properly
· Safety team captain for La Casa
· Ensure security and safety protocols in site
· Coordinate multipurpose room space rental and interact with renters/prospective renters
· High school degree or equivalence in years of experience in operations, administration, business or customer service required. AA associate degree preferred
· Experience working in a mission driven environment preferred
· Ability to work well with diverse groups of individuals required
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office and other software programs required
· Excellent telephone and face to face interpersonal skills, with the ability to work professionally in a busy environment with clients, staff, and volunteers of diverse backgrounds- as well as to communicate and build relationships with community leaders, funders and partners.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain important records in an accurate, timely and confidential manner.
· Ability to assist to multiple projects, shift priorities and meet deadlines in a consistent manner while helping to maintain a health and vibrant environment
· Proactive team player who collaborates to solve problems.
Level of Language Proficiency
· Bilingual Spanish and English required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates visit the link and apply!