This position will support the day-to-day operations of Science Education Programs department of the Society for Science & the Public (Society). The Science Education Programs manage three core competitions: The Intel International Science & Engineering Fair (ISEF), the Regeneron Science Talent Search (STS), the Broadcom MASTERS and several outreach and equity programs, including Science News in High School, the Advocate Grant Program and the Research Teacher’s Conference.
· Provides administrative support to the functions of the education department. This includes supporting mailings and assisting in administrative and accounting paperwork for the competitions and the outreach programs.
- Provides Data Support such as maintenance of existing databases, running queries and reports and analyzing data.
· Monitors competition and outreach program online activities including student, volunteer, and teacher sign-up processes.
· Supports program website updates and revisions.
· Provides customer service by responding to phone and email inquiries.
· Aids in the processing of online applications for the programs throughout the year.
· Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
· Strong communications skills (written and oral)
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work with others as a team, to multi-task, and to be a self-starter.
· Attendance at all programs, which requires at least 2 weeks of travel annually.
· Affinity for the educational, science and outreach goals of the Society for Science & the Public.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s undergraduate degree required. A degree in science or education is desirable.
- Computer proficiency including: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Database knowledge (Access, The Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or other database software) and experience with online application and evaluation systems, including Fluid Review desirable.
- Website CMS management, especially experience using Drupal CMS to package and publish content to websites and/or blogs a plus.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
About Society for Science & the Public
Society for Science & the Public (Society) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership organization dedicated to public engagement in scientific research and education. Our vision is to promote the understanding and appreciation of science and the vital role it plays in human advancement; to inform, educate, and inspire. We do this work through our award-winning Science News media group and world-class science competitions: the Regeneron Science Talent Search (STS), the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF), and Broadcom MASTERS (Math, Applied Science, Technology and Engineering for Rising Stars). In addition, the Society has several outreach and equity programs that create access and opportunities for students and teachers.
The Society is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Society for Science & the Public is committed to equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, the Society does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, ancestry, national origin, disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, age and/or any other categories protected by the laws of the United States or the District of Columbia.
Minimum Education Required