Details: Salary is commensurate w/experience.
135 N. Grand Avenue
The Music Center is one of the largest and most highly regarded performing arts centers in the country. As L.A.’s performing arts destination, The Music Center has long been at the forefront of presenting innovative and critically acclaimed programs and events. With four iconic theaters and four renowned resident companies – Center Theatre Group, the LA Master Chorale, the LA Opera and the LA Philharmonic – and recognized for its illustrious dance programming, Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at The Music Center, The Music Center is a destination where audiences find inspiration in the very best of live performance, as well as nationally recognized arts education and free and low-cost arts engagement experiences. With The Music Center On Location, the non-profit performing arts organization brings events and activities to locations outside of its Downtown Los Angeles campus. The Music Center also programs and manages Grand Park, a 12-acre adjacent greenspace, with year-round free programming.
The Music Center is currently searching for a Manager of Web Content and Data Analytics.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications, the Manager of Web Content and Digital Analytics is responsible for implementing best practices for The Music Center’s web-based communications with a specific focus on the organization’s website, eblasts, e-commerce campaigns and the like. In this capacity, the Manager of Web Content and Digital Analytics maintains the standards of the organization’s website, helping to strategize and create an information architecture that ensures The Music Center is able to accurately and effectively communicate with key stakeholders, including patrons, donors, guests, visitors, employees, lease clients, community partners, the County of Los Angeles, and many others.
The Manager of Web Content and Digital Analytics works closely with the Director of Ticketing and Sales and the Manager of Digital Media to support e-commerce and social/promotional efforts and also interfaces on a regular basis with the technical team to maintain site standards and needed upgrades. In addition, the Manager of Web Content and Digital Analytics examines web analytics to uncover trends and respond to the organization’s growing e-commerce and digital communications needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Manage all aspects of The Music Center’s website, intranet and connectivity with e-commerce solutions, including
the organization’s Tessitura CRM (which is accessed as part of a small consortium of arts organizations).
• Work to integrate the CRM with other tools to improve consistency and continuity of online communications.
• Supervise and assist in website content updates; proactively ensure all aspects of the website are current,
accurate and continuously updated.
• Manage design, development and maintenance issues associated with the website.
• Manage all SEO and SEM.
• Ensure cross-platform usability of The Music Center’s digital communications.
• Help revamp website as needed with new content template and information architecture under the direction of the
Marketing and Communications Department and in collaboration with the many Music Center departments.
• Work with the President’s Office to manage a dedicated board website.
• Advance the use of digital communications tools as part of the evolution of internal communications undertaken by
• Support the development of e-commerce platforms as The Music Center expands its programming outside of its
• Design, develop, craft, distribute and track email marketing campaigns.
• Measure and report performance of specified digital marketing campaigns and assess against sales goals (ROI
• Continue to research and stay current with emerging platforms and analytics and apply that knowledge to the work
of the Marketing and Communications team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering, marketing, business or communications or related field
• Proficiency with content management systems, especially Tessitura, including back-end manipulation.
• Understanding of HTML and the principles of responsive web design.
• Proficiency with the MS Office Suite and Internet-based alternatives.
• Three years of experience working with CRM tools.
• Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as creativity, to be able to develop content and analyze
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of digital platforms and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
• Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format and build and maintain
• Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide staff members in other departments when necessary.
• Good technical understanding and ability to learn new techniques quickly.
• Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience working with an arts organization and/or non-profit organization a plus.
Full time employees are eligible for the following: Medical HMO, Dental, & Vision w/dependent coverage is available. In addition to our 401(k) w/company match. Sick and vacation pay; paid holidays; plus credit union membership.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates who wish to be considered for the position MUST submit a cover letter, resume along with salary expectation to: Jobs@musiccenter.org or fax (213) 972-8029. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER