Technology Trainer – English & Bilingual Technology Trainer – English/Spanish
- Job posted by Older Adults Technology Services
Technology Trainer – English
Bilingual Technology Trainer – English/Spanish
Older Adults Technology Services (OATS), a rapidly expanding nonprofit organization, seeks flexible trainers to teach its Senior Planet programming to older adults at community sites around Montgomery County, MD. Senior Planet courses engage participants with digital culture and new technologies.
This position is a unique opportunity for passionate individuals to work with OATS to empower older adults by harnessing technology to change the way we age. Trainers teach OATS’s curriculum using books, online resources, and lecture materials specifically designed for older adults. Classes typically meet twice a week for multi-week sessions, and one-day lectures are conducted throughout the year. By the end of our courses, participants are able to send emails, explore their interests online, connect with family and friends on social media, bank online, start small businesses, and much more. At the same time, trainers are fundamental in creating a community of support among participants.
We are seeking Technology Trainers to teach courses in English, as well as Bilingual Technology Trainers to teach courses in both English and Spanish. Both part-time positions require solid proficiency in common software applications and devices, but even more important is a dedication to teaching and the ability to effectively communicate the relevancy of technology to seniors’ lives. Successful candidates will possess a high degree of patience, creativity, dependability, and problem-solving ability, along with a sense of humor and a strong commitment to social change.
To learn more about the full range of Senior Planet programming and the OATS mission, please visit oats.org, seniorplanet.org, and seniorplanet.org/montgomery.
- Teaching technology courses using the OATS curriculum and approach
- Coordinating with site staff
- Site visits
- Creating a comfortable and supportive learning environment
- Collecting surveys and evaluations
- Data entry in Salesforce database
- Supervising volunteers who assist classes
- Maintaining professionalism at all times
- Other duties as assigned by project manager
- Able to travel between locations in Montgomery County, MD
- Excellent speaking and communication skills
- Experience teaching teenagers, adults, and/or seniors
- Competence with Windows computers, iOS, popular social media sites, and other common technologies/devices
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly
- Fluency in other languages is a plus (fluency in Spanish required for Bilingual Technology Trainer)
- Flexibility, patience, and a sense of humor
- Regular email and cell phone contact
- Ability to work independently and as a training team
- Superior time-management skills
We are a New York City based nonprofit with a small staff that is dedicated, supportive, and friendly. The main office is in Brooklyn, but we have a Senior Planet Exploration Center in Manhattan in addition to outposts in upstate New York and Montgomery County. We are looking for someone who is excited about our mission to use technology to change the way we age and has potential to grow with the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter, including their availability, in PDF format to the email contact provided. No phone calls please.
Project Manager, Montgomery County