Details: Please submit salary requirements with resume
40 Court Street
Capital Link is seeking a full-time, experienced professional with strong accounting and communications skills to join our growing organization as a staff accountant. The position reports to the accounting director and is responsible for processing specific financial transactions and monitoring the financial activities of Capital Link, Community Health Center Capital Fund, and related organizations.
The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and together with the accounting director to accomplish the following:
· Process accounts payables
o Process all payments in MIP accounting system
o Ensure accuracy of all invoices (including coding) and that proper approvals are obtained in accordance with organizational policies
o Process check runs
o Process and record entries/ACH transfers associated with Capital Fund loans
· Prepare invoices/process accounts receivables
o Generate invoices for all revenue sources including fee-based, foundations, and federally funded grants and agreements
o Process lockbox payments; monitor A/R aging report; follow-up on past due receivables
o Maintain up-to date master client contact list
o Ensure all documentation is properly filed
· Process American Express and employee expense reimbursement reports for all staff
o Ensure coding accuracy, process imports into MIP, and perform reconciliations
o Create electronic check request vouchers, initiate ACH for payment, enter electronic checks in MIP
o Invoice clients for “billable” expenses as per terms of engagement agreements
· Monthly closings and annual audits
o Perform activities related to monthly closings including the preparation of journal entries, depreciation, prepaid schedules, intercompany transfers, and deferred revenues
o Enter CDE/inter-company ACH transactions in MIP
o Track and report Paid Time Off (PTO) to employees
o Perform specific tasks and activities related to external audits for Capital Link and related entities such as preparing schedules, providing documentation, and answering questions.
o Establish new accounts in timesheet system/track revenue activities and new contracts
o Participate in cash management and reconciliations
o Assist with audit and 990 tax reporting preparation for all entities
o Assist with other activities to support the accounting function as requested
- Associates degree in Accounting required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years accounts payable and accounts receivables experience
- Knowledge of accounting systems required; experience with MIP Fund Accounting a plus
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Demonstrated record of meeting deadlines, with strong organizational skills and commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to work well independently and strong communication skills to interact with coworkers, management, and outside vendors.
- Strong listening and follow-through skills
- Commitment to the larger mission of expanding access to primary and preventive health care
Principals only. No phone calls, recruiters, or staffing firms please!
Capital Link is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are not discriminated against because of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, veteran’s status, military status, creed, physical or mental handicap/disability or national origin.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
As a rapidly growing entrepreneurial non-profit organization, Capital Link provides exceptional opportunities to its staff members. Position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, salary history, and salary requirements to email@example.com