The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Please list Grant Name and Location)
The Division of Finance has central responsibility and authority for policy analysis, program development, performance tracking and improvement, financial management, resource maximization and technical assistance. Finance helps to ensure that programs and administrative operations have the information, analysis, funding and technical capacity to deliver critical services effectively and meet DOHMH's objectives.
Grant: Enhanced Detection, Response, Surveillance, and Prevention of COVID-19
Location: DOHMH headquarter, LIC
The Bureau of Budget and Revenue within the Division of Finance requests to hire one (1) Policy/ Financial Analyst to support the Office of Budget Administration with budget analysis and tracking, program development, performance tracking and improvement, financial management, resource maximization and technical assistance. This year, given the critical needs of responding to COVID-19 outbreak and investigations, the Policy/ Financial Analyst will also support COVID-19 activities when hired which will include assisting to ensure that programs and administrative operations have the information, analysis, funding and technical capacity to deliver critical services effectively and meet DOHMH's objectives.
With high degree of responsibility and broad latitude for independent action, the selected candidate will:
· Maintain and track COVID funding received by DOHMH
· Collaborate with senior level program and Finance staff on creating grant budget proposals
· Provide feedback and recommendations to senior level program and Finance staff
· Collaborate with other bureau staff to project COVID-19 related expenses and ensure that expenses are charged to appropriate funding
· Research the programmatic implications of proposed policies and potential funding sources for ongoing and new program initiatives
· Develop effective spreadsheets to report, compare, and analyze budget numbers
· Prepare fiscal summary reports and analyses
· Assist in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate field related to public policy, public administration or health administration.
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely.
· Ability to work with employees at all levels.
· Highly organized and detail oriented.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
· Experience working under strict deadlines.
· Ability to multitask and adapt to a fast-paced work environment and changing needs and priorities.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
Remote, with anticipated on site work at 2 Gotham, 42-09 28th Street, Queens, NY 11101
35 hours per week
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…