122 East 42nd Street
Education Through Music, Inc. (ETM) is currently seeking a full-time
Assistant Program Director - Field Supervision
The APD Field Supervision manages program activities within each partnership to ensure that all components of the ETM model and each school’s memorandum of agreement are functioning as planned and appropriately supported. The APD Field Supervision maintains regular communication with school leadership to exchange information and build/maintain relationships that support successful program growth. The APD manages a team of music teacher Instructional Supervisors to ensure that Music Teacher development and performance is optimized, contributes to program goals and complies with ETM policies and guidelines. The APD Field Supervision assists with managing the daily operations and administrative functions of the Program office.
- Monitor Partnership progress, manage and take action as needed to ensure Partnership success thru implementation of the ETM Model.
- Meet with principals to discuss partnership status and growth.
- Provide reports and updates on all Partnerships activities and related data to ETM management.
- Ensure Direct Reports promote successful relationships with school leadership and personnel to advance partnership goals.
- Ensure effective ensemble recruitment strategies and timelines.
- Ensure timely submission of ensemble documentation and contracts.
- Ensure partner classrooms are equipped with adequate materials, supplies and instruments.
- Ensure proper supervision, mentoring and performance evaluation of all ETM music teachers.
- Support Direct Reports' professional growth through the design and delivery of appropriate training.
- Oversee Direct Reports’ field and office schedules to ensure appropriate balance between music teacher support and administrative tasks.
- Evaluate Direct Reports’ job performance based on growth/efficacy.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education or related field
- 5 years primary or secondary classroom teaching experience
- Vocal/instrumental performance capabilities
- Musical theory and notation literacy
- Understanding of music pedagogy, educational theory and child development
- Knowledge of specific musical repertoire and genres
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Supervisory experience which would include performance evaluation and professional development
- Computer literacy, including MS Office Suite and Google Office
Salary Range for this position is $55,000 - $75,000
Comprehensive Benefits include:
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, 403(B) Retirement plan, PTO (Vacation, Sick, Personal)
Candidates should submit cover letter, resume and professional references
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Use the link below to apply at our site: