575 Eighth Avenue
As a innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways ensures that homeless and at-risk New Yorkers have the housing, services and support they need to be self-sufficient. Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Development Associate's duties include:
- Coordinates gift processing and maintenance of the Department database including: data entry, creating new records, entering revisions and updates, adding notes and actions, coding gifts, drafting and sending donor acknowledgements, generating mailing lists, running queries and reports, and filing all donor documentation and acknowledgment correspondence in the archives.
- Manages all incoming in-kind donations and oversees the storage facility.
- Serves as liaison to Finance Department. Submits all original gift documentation to Finance and ensures reconciliation.
- Communicates with Board members regarding updating peer lists, providing materials for appeals and gala, and generating reports.
- Works with the Director to generate all fundraising reports including: Board reports, the Board and Junior Board giving reports, donor history reports, and other reports requested by the Director. Serves as the day-to-day liaison to the Junior Board. Provides needed information, arranges and attends all Junior Board meetings and committee meetings, and supports all events and projects.
- Serves as task supervisor to Departmental interns and fellows in accordance with the workload and goals developed by the Director.
- Participates in the foundation and corporate giving program by conducting prospect research, initial outreach, report generation, and providing support to the Director.
- Works with the Director on special events including the annual gala, staff parties, the Board reception, and special funder gatherings.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and supervisory sessions as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years of related experience preferred.
- Experience with Raisers Edge or another donor management database required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders (i.e., donors, volunteers, and colleagues).
- Occasionally required to work a flexible schedule including evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Ability to use public transportation to various locations throughout the City.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Commitment to Urban Pathways' mission.
Urban Pathways is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Urban Pathways offers an attractive benefits package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid holiday, vacation, sick and personal leave benefits
- Health and Dental Plans
- A 403(b) Tax Sheltered-Annuity Plan
- An employer contribution Defined Contribution Profit Sharing Plan (ERISA 404(c))
- NYS Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Supplemental Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please check out our Career Opportunities at