Bronxworks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring a Facilities Manager for the Facilities Program.
- Manages all facilities and operations needs for the 42,000 sq. ft. Carolyn McLaughlin Community Center (“CMCC”), a landmarked building constructed in 1927 which houses social services offices, an early childhood learning center, a swimming pool, a commercial kitchen, food pantry, elevator, and a gym and locker room
- Manages all facilities and operations needs at the Administrative Office at 60 East Tremont Avenue and multiple other BronxWorks facilities
- Recruits, interviews, hires and supervises all maintenance/janitorial staff at the above locations as well as the reception staff at CMCC and one part-time administrative assistant
- Ensures all facilities, including offices, grounds, kitchen, pool, childcare center, etc., are in compliance with all building, security, fire and safety, commercial food preparation, and other applicable regulations, and that all building maintenance is performed in a manner consistent with OSHA regulations and standards
- Provides constant attention to all life safety issues, ensuring that building emergency plans are developed, maintained, effectively communicated, and tested at all facilities, and that all emergency systems (fire alarms, sprinklers, emergency exits, security cameras) are operational through in-house inspections and vendor maintenance contracts
- Regularly audits all facilities for safety and security issues, and develops and implements corrective action plans, timely addressing any and all concerns
- Oversees all aspects of building maintenance, facilities compliance, repairs and renovations, including by developing RFPs, researching vendors/soliciting bids, selecting, contracting with and overseeing all vendors and contractors
- Oversees all purchasing of maintenance supplies at above facilities
- Develops routines and systems to ensure constant monitoring of problem areas
- Ensures that all direct reports are adequately trained, and that they understand and follow instructions on safe use of all chemicals, cleaning materials, tools and other safety issues relevant to their work
- Effectively tracks building upkeep needs and status as well as anticipated long- and short-term improvements and maintenance
- Keeps the surrounding grounds properly cared for and landscaped
- Timely and effectively responds to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility
- Oversees and directly manages phone systems for the entire agency, which currently include VoIP, landlines, and agency-issued cell phones; duties include researching and purchasing phones and phone systems, managing account billing and cost allocations, adding/modifying/terminating individual user lines as requested, setting up new cell phones for employees, and overseeing office transitions (set up of phones for new offices, system overhauls/updates, office closures)
- Oversees and directly manages copier/scanner fleet for the entire agency, including managing leases, managing account billing and cost allocations, coordinating with vendor(s) to ensure timely trouble-shooting, set up of software and policies, adding, moving and removing machines as needed, and otherwise addressing the agency’s needs in regard to copiers
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
- Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
- 12 paid holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
- A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
- Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
- TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
- Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems.
ADDITIONALLY, BronxWorks Offers:
- A comprehensive monthly training calendar
- Access to some scholarship opportunities
- Non-financial support and internship opportunities for employees who return to school, particularly for their Master of Social Work degrees
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.
Level of Language Proficiency
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply for FACILITIES MANAGER using the link below: