Rebuilding Together Dutchess County is looking for a full-time Program Assistant in Poughkeepsie, NY. This individual will play an integral part in our community impact engaging over 300 volunteers annually while helping hundreds of our neighbors in need. To keep the Rebuilding Together office running efficiently and effectively, the Program Assistant responds to emails and takes plenty of phone calls: answering questions, scheduling meetings, assisting clients with the application process, and helping to engage volunteers and community partners. The Program Assistant also takes on the project/contact management system administration, manages our social media and public relations presence, and assists in event planning.
As a Program Assistant, a typical day might include the following:
· Speaking with a potential client about their needs, program eligibility, and the application process.
· Reviewing program application from a homeowner for eligibility and enter the application data into the project tracking system.
· Brainstorming with fellow program staff to come up with new ideas for increasing applicants and volunteers.
· Schedule a prospective donor meeting, thank a donor on social media, draft the monthly newsletter and meet with a homeowner to write an impact story for a regular publication column.
· Attend an event committee meeting and send letters to prospective sponsors and attendees.
· Pulling data from SaleForce to complete a grant report.
This job might be right for you if:
· You enjoy solving problems. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
· You like helping people. You are patient, level-headed, and cool under pressure.
· You pay attention to details. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
· You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
· You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
· You’re motivated and driven. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
To land this gig, you need to have some experience helping other people solve problems and stay on top of things. You get bonus points if you have used SalesForce and/or QuickBooks and have public relations/media experience.
Minimum Education Required