1120 20th St NW
Humentum is seeking an experienced accountant to act as a finance manager for its two legal entities in the US and UK and activities across the world. This position involves managing all accounting operations including ensuring that all processes and controls meet Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as the accounting requirements in the US and UK. The Senior Accountant also ensures compliance with US and UK regulations, tax and reporting requirements and needs to assess the risks and requirements of operating in other countries. The position reports to the Director of Finance/CFO of Humentum and will need to work closely with a small finance team who are located in the USA and UK.
Humentum is formed of a US registered 5013c which has effective control of a UK registered charitable company. Therefore, the position will need to manage intercompany consolidations and develop appropriate policies and processes to monitor intercompany group transactions and prepare both companies for audit annually.
- Supervise and develop the accounting coordinators to ensure accurate and timely completion of accounting deliverables.
- Design and manage a monthly finance calendar and closing process for both the US and UK legal entities to ensure the books are closed by the 10th business day of each month.
- Prepare and import revenue and receivables activity from Salesforce and other relevant systems into the general ledger system on a regular basis during the month.
- Prepare and file tax and other statutory returns required in the US and UK.
- Successfully manage annual financial statement audits with external auditors in the US and UK.
- Review policies and procedures to ensure a strong system of internal controls to safeguard the organization’s assets.
- Manage the Company’s online banking system and use of credit cards.
- Play a key role in the staff team highlighting the need for strong financial controls and identifying and mitigating the risks of non-compliance.
- Initiate and lead process improvements in processes which impact the global finance team encouraging the automation of process with technology as far as possible.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and IT team to integrate financial systems with other IT systems.
- Provide cover as required for the Group Management Accountant and global finance team.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- Relevant accounting qualification.
- Experience of managing a small finance team.
- Experience of intercompany accounting, preferably in an international context.
- Experience of designing and managing financial processes, procedures and internal controls.
- Experience of managing the implementing new accounting systems and other technology projects.
- Experience of working with Quickbooks preferred.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent planning, time management, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills which are adapted for the relevant audience including non-financial staff.
- Knowledge of a range of accounting systems, preferably including Quickbooks.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with rapidly changing priorities in a dynamic and unpredictable context.
- Excellent Excel skills with experience of importing and exporting from accounting systems.
- Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Challenges current practice constructively and gives feedback that improves performance.
- Demonstrates Humentum’s values of positive collaboration, openness, mutual support and learning to make a difference in our organization and our work.
Job Related Information
Humentum is an at-will employer in the District of Columbia. Employment regulations applying to the Washington, DC will apply.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Humentum is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with salary expectations.