Full Time Contract
Since 1884, Madison has been saving and enhancing the lives of youth by providing youth development services for children in New York City’s most disadvantaged communities. Our programs are engineered to empower each member to achieve three priority outcomes: Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and the adoption of a Healthy Lifestyle. Every day, Madison provides thousands of children with a safe and positive environment, one where fun is encouraged and positive role models are plentiful. A founding member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Madison currently serves more than 5,000 youth, ages 6 to 18, at four sites throughout Brooklyn and the Bronx. We are offering an exciting opportunity for an Individual Giving & Database Associate at our Headquarters located in New York, NY.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all data/information management functions in the development department, including gift-entry and processing of payments and pledges; preparing acknowledgement letters and donor lists in a timely and error-free manner; prospect research and management; managing and fulfilling donor benefits; and supporting the execution of the individual gift program. The successful candidate will manage the annual individual membership and other campaigns, including planning, coordinating and executing comprehensive appeals to donors and analyzing the effectiveness of those campaigns and appeals, in association with the Director of Individual Giving and Chief Advancement Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and manages the quality and integrity of the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) so that it is a reliable resource that informs donor cultivation and stewardship strategy.
- This includes but is not limited to
- Producing and implementing accurate and complete reports
- Processing gifts and receipting
- Recording of cultivation and stewardship actions
- List generation
- Ensuring record accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Oversees the production and distribution of gift reports and reconciles gift and income records.
- Manages the acknowledgment process for all gifts, ensuring relevant, timely, error-free communications that inspire donors to feel valued and loyal to the organization.
- Conducts accurate and thorough donor research realizing the importance of research in the prospect identification and strategy process.
- Oversees individual donor cultivation and stewardship mailings.
- Extracts, analyzes, reconciles, and distributes data on donor giving, prospect tracking, and other development activities.
- Assists with thank you calls and cold-call solicitations
- Manages a portfolio of direct mail annual donors ( <$1,000)
- Supports the Director of Individual Giving with all individual donor engagement efforts and programs including; the young professionals’ group, The Madison Council, the Miles for Madison, New York City Marathon team, etc.
- Assists the Chief Advancement Officer and entire development team on special projects and events.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years directly-related previous development experience;
- Advanced MS Excel skills, MS Office, and the ability to deliver a work product that needs little or no correction,
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough attention to detail and proven ability to manage strict deadlines are essential.
- Demonstrated experience using Raiser’s Edge, Photoshop and Convio (or similar software);
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- A polished, professional and sincere manner.
- Ability to work effectively with board members, high net-worth individuals, staff, volunteers and donors/prospective donors
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be creative, take initiative, be attentive to detail and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
We offer a professional work environment, competitive salary, benefits package including 403(b) and pension plan. For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume and cover letter along with salary requirements as an attachment in MS Word or Adobe PDF format to:
Minimum Education Required