Details: Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, Matriculate offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Matriculate’s mission is to empower high-achieving, low-income high school students to make the leap to our best colleges. Our vision is that one day all the best students in America will have access to and be supported in the best colleges—regardless of their socio-economic status or background—which will give them a unique opportunity to change the trajectory of their own lives and the lives of their families.
Matriculate leverages peer-to-peer relationships and networks to empower high-achieving, low-income high school students to enroll in top colleges and universities. We train talented college students at leading institutions to provide the information, guidance, and support that these high school students need to apply to, gain admission at, and excel in the best institutions. College is an inflection point for low-income high-achievers, and Matriculate allows this overlooked segment of our country’s top talent to realize its potential and address income inequality from the bottom up.
The Program Associate will oversee the implementation of the Matriculate program across at least three college sites, including supporting, coaching, and managing college student Advising Fellows (AFs) and Head Advising Fellows (HAFs) to ensure they provide outstanding support to high school students.
This position requires drive and passion for our mission, a growth mindset, program development skills, relationship-building, problem solving, comfort setting and achieving aggressive goals, excellent management skills, attention to detail, rigorous evaluation skills, a focus on quality, and commitment to continuous improvement.
The Associate reports to the Senior Program Manager while working closely with the rest of the Matriculate team. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Ensure college Advising Fellows (AFs) on at least three campuses are able to empower high-achieving, low-income high school students to make the leap to top colleges by supporting, growing and evaluating Advising Fellow recruitment, selection, training, certification, engagement, and appreciation
Assume responsibility for ensuring Matriculate’s high school students regularly connect with Advising Fellows and achieve college application outcomes
Recruitment and Training
- Recruit a high-quality team of AFs on each campus by working with Head Advising Fellows (HAFs), Advising Fellow Leadership Team and the Matriculate Recruitment and Training Associate to meet these goals
- Ensure AFs are prepared to provide excellent support for high school students by leading an orientation, ongoing trainings, and a quality and preparedness certification process in conjunction with Head Advising Fellows and the Recruitment and Training Associate
- Coach, support and manage HAFs; help them provide regular supervision and feedback to AFs to ensure high standards of quality on an ongoing basis
- Ensure high school students are connected effectively via remote communication with AFs
- Monitor quality of high school student experience; devise and implement strategies to increase retention and outcomes
- Identify and creatively troubleshoot challenges as they arise
Celebration and growth
- Foster community and belonging among AFs
- Build a leadership pipeline among AFs
Program Impact Measurement and Improvement
Implement program learning and evaluation plan to ensure continuous improvement and to understand Matriculate’s ultimate impact
- Track metrics for college and high school students
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and report program data for evaluation
Commitment to Excellence
- Collaborate across the Matriculate program to ensure maximum consistencies and efficiencies
- Develop expertise in the college access landscape
- Identify and troubleshoot challenges as they arise
- Contribute to Matriculate’s culture of continuous improvement
The ideal candidate will have:
- A deep commitment to Matriculate’s mission
- A bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience with demonstrated success ideally in:
- Youth Development
- Education-focused programming
- Some program implementation background
- Excellent writing/editing skills and verbal communications
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on execution; organizational skills
- Ability to build, manage and leverage relationships with a proven track record of flexibility
- Ability to think strategically and analytically while managing tactical implementation, balancing both long‐term and short‐term projects and planning
- Unwavering commitment to excellence and strong leadership skills
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Excellent judgment and impeccable integrity
- Initiative in problem solving, commitment to constantly learning, growing, and reflecting on their work
- High degree of personal initiative with the desire and ability to meet aggressive strategic goals, work independently and thrive within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and growing organization
- Command of remote communication methods, including Google Hangout and Skype
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Willingness to travel domestically in urban and rural areas, potentially up to 20%
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and a non-fiction writing sample to email@example.com. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Matriculate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.