17 Battery Place
Community Access is a progressive not-for-profit organization that expands opportunities for people living with mental health concerns to recover from trauma and discrimination. We are built upon the simple truth that people are experts in their own lives. Our programs are spread across 20 locations and include over 1,200 units of supportive housing in three boroughs, a new Adult Home Initiative, advocacy and Supported Education programs, a peer-driven Crisis Respite Center, and other initiatives.
Recovery Specialists must actively engage and motivate participants to utilize a customized array of services to develop personal potential and establish and attain life role goals. PROS program staff must be flexible and committed to mental health recovery.Some of the essential job functions include developing individual recovery plans with participants that reflect person-centered planning principles; developing, modifying and delivering group curriculum to sufficiently meet program and individual outcomes; and engage members in organizational change.
- Excellent group process and facilitation skills.
- Commitment to recovery oriented practice.
- Minimum 2 years experience in clinical or rehabilitation mental health setting.
- Available to work on Saturdays and holidays, occasionally.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared by the Office of Mental Health (OMH).
- Skilled in conflict mediation/negotiation and have an assertive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize various computer programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and AWARDS or similar electronic client database system.
- Be creative and flexible.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Show initiative and be responsible for follow through.
- Ability to maintain confidential information, as related to position.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Bilingual Spanish-speaking candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should apply on www.communityaccess.org/jobs
Community Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.Women, People of Color and Members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.CA is committed to the hiring of at least 51% consumer staff, in all of its departments and programs, and at all levels of management.www.communityaccess.org
Minimum Education Required