Details: Salary is commensurate with experience, and Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package. This is a full-time exempt position.
ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by over one million members, we move decision makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. We activate our members to take action on crucial issues—from criminal justice to media representations to the social safety net and voter freedom—so that we can build the power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Our work – both rapid response and long-term campaigns for change – amplifies the voices of Black folks and our allies, building power and delivering meaningful wins that create consequences for racial injustice and build momentum for implementing solutions that move Black people and all people forward.
The Development Team of Color of Change (COC) ensures there are sufficient resources for COC to remain a powerful influencer across broad segments of the progressive movement. We are creative and passionate professionals committed to excellence in the pursuit of Color of Change’s mission. We are committed to racial equity in America and building an effective, unapologetic and unrelenting opposition-- built to win media wars and win back hearts and minds; block destructive policies from taking effect; mobilize missions of people to define the majority; and ultimately govern the country. We do this through driving CoC’s resource development strategy and infrastructure, to advance the Color of Change mission.
Color of Change seeks an Individual Donor Manager (IDM) to serve as a key member of a development team that is expanding relationships with individuals and foundations. The Reporting to the Deputy Director of Development, the IDM will lead Color of Change’s fundraising plans for sustaining and growing relationships with donors, particularly among the major donor qualified portfolio. In addition to a focus on securing major gifts, the IDM will explore planning giving opportunities and solicit special campaign gifts. The IDM will manage an Event Coordinator who will be responsible for creating moments for high quality donor cultivation and stewardship and ensuring high-quality and consistent engagement occurs for CoC’s individual donors.
· Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow annual revenue from individuals that can provide major gifts to Color of Change. This may include the use of sophisticated prospect research techniques and the creation of tailored proposals and/ or individual stewardship plans.
· Develop a recruitment and retention plan for individual donors to further cultivate relationships and annual revenue.
· Plan and coordinate an active schedule of individual donor solicitations and campaigns that reach new audiences and increase both donors and dollars raised annually throughout the year with a view of retaining donors and increasing giving year over year.
· Communicate effectively with donors through face-to-face solicitation and stewardship meetings, as well as written and e-communication strategies.
· Provide support to senior and campaign staff in preparation for solicitation or stewardship opportunities, including providing reminders, materials, and draft communications, as well as assisting with briefings, appointment scheduling and call reports.
· In partnership with Marketing & Storytelling team, develop and implement a communications plan to keep in regular contact with donors on COC campaigns and issue areas they are most passionate about as well as key organizational developments.
Donor Engagement & Event Coordination:
· Lead the conceptualization and implementation of small to modest size fundraising and cultivation events such as salons or briefings, and activities that may require time before and after business hours --ensuring they operate smoothly, efficiently, and generate maximum revenue and exposure
· Manage consultant and vendor agreements, production schedules and logistics prior to and during events to ensure flawless efficiency and revenue/expense optimization.
· In partnership with Marketing & Storytelling team, ideate and develop event creative briefs and communications plans that will guide production of all event related branding and promotion assets (invitation, event sites, in-room decorations, sponsorship solicitation materials, talking points, in-room call to action, etc.)
· In partnership with Deputy Director of Development, develop event budgets and oversee financial reporting/ reconciliation.
Planning and Reporting:
· Establish and meet annual goals including, dollars raised, renewal percentages, and donor pipeline development for individual donor portfolio.
· Work in partnership with the Deputy Director of Development to:
o Reconcile contributions from individual donors and update projections; and
o Develop budgets and monitor expenses related to the individual giving program.
· In collaboration with Database and Grants Manager:
o Lead technological upgrades to drive our prospect research and donor cultivation and stewardship efforts.
o Perform comprehensive ongoing data analysis and evaluation related to all aspects of the annual giving program; and
o Ensure individual giving fundraising activity and interactions are accurately and regularly stored in donor databases and information systems and acknowledgement letters are generated in a timely matter.
Lead special projects as needed.
· A Relationship Builder. You are genuinely curious about new people and possess strong listening skills. You like learning what motivates people, what inspires their generosity, and makes them feel appreciated. You have the ability to initiate, organize and manage projects, and to interface successfully with colleagues in a collaborative approach.
· Persistent and Optimistic. You are intrinsically motivated and undaunted by ambitious goals. You have the creativity and tenacity to find your way around a “no” answer to a more productive “not right now,” “maybe,” or best yet, “yes.”
· Exceptional in Communicating Verbally and in Writing- Demonstrated ability to write and edit persuasive materials including successful appeals, proposals, stewardship materials and other collateral. You have excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
· Intentional- Your working style is about creating order and planning ahead. You are a strategic thinker who always has their end goal in sight – asking for and closing gifts. You are skilled at keeping yourself on track with a portfolio of donors and are highly organized.
· An Organizational Maven- You can manage across multiple work streams and functions, keeping deadlines and managing complexity by simplifying solutions, systems and processes with clarity and attention to detail. You have an ability to efficiently initiate and complete multiple tasks on time.
· Adaptable and Flexible- You can handle any curveball, and in face, you expect them. You can meet deadlines and manage competing priorities. Additionally, you are strategic and have the ability to pivot quickly as priorities shift and the team continues to take shape. You can and are willing to travel if needed.
· Professional Experience: You have 3-5 years of professional experience, with a proven track record in initiating, stewarding and moving individual gifts to higher levels of support. You have deep knowledge of the major giving and the types of prospects that suit it. Experience soliciting planned gifts preferred.
· The Ability to Execute on Fundraising Plans and Strategies That Generate Significant Results. You regularly use data to drive decision-making and reflect on your rigorous and donor centered plans for sustaining and growing your donor base and revenue. You have strong prospect research skills and a solid understanding of moves management.
· Mission Alignment: You have enthusiasm, familiarity and demonstrated alignment with Color of Change’s mission and campaigns and also a commitment to building/ deepening your commitment to racial justice. You are steadfast in your support of COC’s long-term sustainability and are committed to a career with impact.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants should click the link, https://colorofchange.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fo8x, and submit a resume and COC-tailored cover letter.