366 Summer St
WHO WE ARE:
At ActBlue, we build and run a powerful, modern online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We’re a nonprofit organization ourselves, and we work to make it really easy for these groups to run grassroots fundraising programs. The result? We're putting power back in the hands of small-dollar donors.
Since 2004, campaigns and organizations across the country have raised almost $2 billion using our tools, with an average contribution size of $30 right now. Thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations to local school board members count on our fundraising tools to fuel their organizing work.
We’re a small (but growing!) team that has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us is fully committed to our mission and we are looking for new team members who match our passion and are ready to dive in!
The Marketing Team is responsible for managing ActBlue’s communication, as well as our online and in-person presence. That means we are the keepers of the ActBlue brand and mission. We’re always working to show how powerful small-dollar donors are and talking about how our tools can help campaigns and organizations build powerful grassroots digital programs. Our major responsibilities include running our own fundraising program (ActBlue is a nonprofit!), managing ActBlue’s brand and design, reporting on new features and what small-dollar donors have accomplished, and helping new users discover and use our tools.
This is an entry-level position on the Marketing Team, perfect for someone who is passionate about both politics and marketing, and who is willing to learn a lot on the job. The Marketing Assistant will help write, edit, and publish content, assist in managing multiple communication platforms, work on strategy with the rest of the team, and research and report back on the online activism space. The ideal candidate will be incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple small projects at once without dropping any balls. They will also be passionate and enthusiastic about politics and about our mission of helping small-dollar donors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write and edit blog posts, emails, and content for social media to report back on ActBlue’s work, feature launches, and sitewide fundraising.
- Write and edit fundraising emails for ActBlue’s own fundraising program.
- Use a mass mailer to code, load, target, and send emails, and a CMS platform to publish content.
- Help identify organizers and activists to engage with on various social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation and execution of social media campaigns to elevate ActBlue’s work.
- Bring ideas about how to grow the ActBlue brand to the table.
- Closely follow elections and current events, and think strategically about how ActBlue can be a better partner to the campaigns and organizations working on the front lines of the resistance.
- Be a team player and take as much pride in projects you help along as you do in projects you spearhead.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Incredible attention to detail — you should sweat the small stuff.
- Passion for politics and organizing.
- Interest in marketing and branding.
- Ability to understand complex data and use it to tell a story.
- Strong computer skills (we will teach you basic HTML, CSS, and other required programs).
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience writing in a non-academic setting.
- Experience interning with a marketing, social media, or advertising team, or on a communications or digital team of a campaign.
- Copyediting skills.
Location & Compensation:
ActBlue’s office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in-office, salaried position. We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits, fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance, an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan, and a flexible time off policy.
- ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required