Details: Hourly rate starts at $18.75 per hour and is commensurate with experience.
The Center for Court Innovation is a non-profit organization that works to create a more effective and humane justice system by performing original research and helping launch reforms around the world. The Center creates operating projects that have been documented to reduce the use of jail and prison, assist victims of crime, and strengthen communities. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research and provides consulting services to justice innovators.
The Business Administration department is seeking an Office Assistant. Reporting to the Office Manager, the Office Assistant will provide office administrative support at the Center’s main office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist staff with meetings/events planning at the Center’s main offices (e.g., catering, conference room scheduling, meeting set up);
- Maintain tidy communal areas (kitchens, copier areas and conference rooms) and stock with supplies;
- Distribute incoming mail and packages to staff on multiple floors;
- Conduct supplies inventory and stock supplies storage areas;
- Assist with purchasing (e.g., supplies, furniture);
- Support the front desk reception areas – answer phones, greet guests and assist staff;
- Assist with redesigning administrative tools and resources (e.g., data sheets) in Microsoft Outlook and on our website;
- Assist with the designing and updating of various manuals/guides; and
- Assist the Office Manager with special projects.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma with at least 2-3 years of office administration or business systems experience. Excellent written skills are a must. Candidate must be well versed in MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Strong oral communication skills and the ability to communicate in a multi-disciplinary setting is required. Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required