2318 Mill Road
Do you want to apply your programmatic and administrative skills to help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a high performing and enthusiastic Program Associate to join our Education, Science and Professional Development (ESPD) department. The selected candidate will provide administrative support to the implementation and facilitation of ASCO Advantage programs.
If you’re an organized individual, with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Support all aspects of the development and implementation of ASCO Advantage programs
- Provide direct support to faculty members including assistance with invitation follow up, call scheduling, hotel/travel arrangements, and expense processing
- Provide exemplary customer service in person, by e-mail, and by phone
- Utilize slide templates to format content received from content developers, submit permissions requests for slide content and process related invoices
- Publish onsite materials for ASCO Advantage programs including attendee, faculty, and staff packets and binder, badges, tent cards, and other needed materials
- Support pre- and post-meeting materials to ASCO Advantage programs, including learning management system and app-based assessments and activities
- Collect and process invoices and expense reports, and provide other administrative support as needed
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training or related work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); and an openness to embracing and learning new technology
- Enthusiasm, good judgment, and excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
- Strong customer service skills
- Self-managed with proven skills to use initiative, time management, and organizational skills to prioritize work to deliver results with attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; team-oriented approach
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Interest in education, professional development or related programs
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Minimum Education Required